Re: in-game web browser

by SiirLagALot

Original Post

in-game web browser

★★★ Novice

Origin in-game is using an outdated version of Google Chrome for it's Shift+F1 web browser.  I'd love to use this feature instead of alt-tabbing every time I want to get online help with my game, but not at the expense of using a browser that is a security risk because it's outdated.  Any plans to ever let us pick our own browser, EA?  Or, at the very least, update the one you choose for us to its most secure version?  As always, thanks for your time and consideration.

Message 1 of 8 (2,463 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, why is it SO outdated

Message 2 of 8 (2,412 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

After this being around for a year with no official response and worse, no change, I reported it through another channel, and at the end of the email chain, was told to post it here.  Since I already did that a year ago, I'm bumping this necro-style, instead of re-posting.  Check your forums, devs.  Update the browser that Origin in-game uses (Shift + F1 by default).  Ridiculously overdue.

Message 3 of 8 (2,307 Views)

★★★ Novice

If these screenshots help some dev that understands what I'm talking about and reads these forums:

Message 4 of 8 (2,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Two years now and still no response and no change.

Message 5 of 8 (2,166 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@duck1545 yeah same dude
Message 6 of 8 (2,021 Views)

★★★ Novice

how browser opens?

Message 7 of 8 (1,568 Views)

Community Manager

I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any other issues please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

EA_Groguet

Groguet.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,545 Views)