Re: i think i have been scammed by origin

by chinsrus101

Original Post

Accepted Solution

i think i have been scammed by origin

★★★ Newbie

okay so i put my card details down on origin, all correct, and then they rejected my card but i have just went on to my banking app and i have 5 £1 charges on it! please help as i am terrified i've been scammed or my banks been hacked, i just wanted a subscription so i could play the sims Frown

Message 1 of 3 (348 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

The initial charges are most likely a pre-authorisation @unseeing-mirror. A pre-authorisation is a temporary hold on money in your account which is generally the balance of an item or service you have ordered. This is not a charge and the money does not leave your account, it is just the bank and service provider ensuring that the money is there to cover the order. If you look back over your invoices from your credit card company you will no doubt see that while a certain amount of money was earmarked it was never actually taken from the account.

You can speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (243 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@unseeing-mirror Those could just be temporary charges initiated by origin. Since you said your card was rejected those transactions should cancel out as soon as they're done processing through your bank. But I could be wrong, it's best to be safe by contacting an EA Help advisor for further assistance. 

Black Champion chinsrus.png

Message 2 of 3 (340 Views)

Community Manager

The initial charges are most likely a pre-authorisation @unseeing-mirror. A pre-authorisation is a temporary hold on money in your account which is generally the balance of an item or service you have ordered. This is not a charge and the money does not leave your account, it is just the bank and service provider ensuring that the money is there to cover the order. If you look back over your invoices from your credit card company you will no doubt see that while a certain amount of money was earmarked it was never actually taken from the account.

You can speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (244 Views)