i can start my game

by luddegullber

Original Post

Accepted Solution

i can start my game

★★ Novice

i bought the origin pass and now im trying to start fifa 16 and i cant start it why?

Message 1 of 12 (484 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: You could not start the Fifa 16 game

★★★★★ Expert

You have been writing messages to Answer HQ, which is the website for the game player community here.  We sell nothing at all here, not subscriptions to either of the "Access" programs, nor any games.  This is not a commercially oriented website,  We also are not involved in the refund procedures, which are all handled on the EA Help Center. 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/m-p/2161...

View in thread

Message 10 of 12 (425 Views)

All Replies

Re: i can start my game

Community Manager

@luddegullber Hi,

Are you receiving an error message when you are trying to start the game? 

Additionally, it would be helpful, if you could post a DxDiag of your system. Instructions are available below:

Spoiler
1.  Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
2.  You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
3.  Type dxdiag in the text field
4.  Click OK
5.  If your computer has a 64-bit version of Windows, click the button Run 64-bit DXDIAG (see screenshot below)
6.  If your computer has a 32-bit version of Windows, that button will not be available

7.  Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
8.  Save this text file to your Desktop if possible
9. Open the text file, select all the text inside (Ctrl + A) and copy it (Ctrl +C).
10. Go to http://hastebin.com/, paste the contents of your DXDiag inside (Ctrl+V) and click Save on the webpage (Ctrl+S).
11. Copy the link of the page in your post, along with a precise description of your issue.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 12 (473 Views)

★★ Novice
No message come up
Message 3 of 12 (460 Views)

Message 4 of 12 (457 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@luddegullber Hi,

Unfortunately both the CPU but also the graphic card available in your laptop are not insufficient.

Taking the graphic card as an example, your laptop has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M, but the minimum requirements need at least a NVIDIA GTX 650 or better: http://help.ea.com/en/article/fifa-16-pc-system-requirements/

While it won't help in getting FIFA 16 to run, your DxDiag implies that your graphic drivers might not be installed correctly either. You may want to look into updating your drivers so that you can at least run some of the other games in the Origin Access Vault, such as FIFA 15: http://help.ea.com/en/article/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 5 of 12 (450 Views)

★★ Novice
If im not possible too run either of theese games is it possible too get a Refund?
Message 6 of 12 (446 Views)

★★ Novice

when im trying too start fifa 15 this pops up 

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DXHelper.DisplayInfo.InitDisplayModeList()
at DXHelper.DisplayInfo..ctor()
at fifasetup_csharp.Settings.CreateSettingsForAdapter()
at fifasetup_csharp.StartingForm.PlayButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
fifaconfig
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Origin%20Games/FIFA%2015/fifasetup/fifaconfig.exe
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
DXHelper
Assembly Version: 1.0.5318.28514
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Origin%20Games/FIFA%2015/fifasetup/DXHelper.DLL
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
fifaconfig.resources
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Origin%20Games/FIFA%2015/fifasetup/sv-SE/fifaconfig.resources.DLL

Message 7 of 12 (431 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@EA_Nils wrote:

@luddegullber Hi,

Unfortunately both the CPU but also the graphic card available in your laptop are not insufficient.

Taking the graphic card as an example, your laptop has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M, but the minimum requirements need at least a NVIDIA GTX 650 or better: http://help.ea.com/en/article/fifa-16-pc-system-requirements/

Incidentally, if laptops are the only PCs you want to use, be aware that System Requirements are still being stated in terms of Desktop hardware, especially video graphics, and a GT540m doesn't come close to the performance of a Desktop GT 540, nor does a GTX650m offer the performance of a Desktop GTX 650. 

A laptop should have a GTX 660m, or better (roughly -- I haven't researched it lately, it might have been a GTX 670m). 

Message 8 of 12 (430 Views)

★★ Novice

i cant run any of these games that i want to play is it possible that i can get a refund for the origin acces thing as i cant use the things that i wanted too do

Message 9 of 12 (427 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You have been writing messages to Answer HQ, which is the website for the game player community here.  We sell nothing at all here, not subscriptions to either of the "Access" programs, nor any games.  This is not a commercially oriented website,  We also are not involved in the refund procedures, which are all handled on the EA Help Center. 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/m-p/2161...

Message 10 of 12 (426 Views)