i brought sims 4 but cannot play it because my computer wont download origin

by elleotte8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

i brought sims 4 but cannot play it because my computer wont download origin

★ Novice

Every time i go to download origin it wont allow me to so i cant play any of the games i brought. once the downloading of origin is done it says 'the code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem' When i try to reinstall it the same thing happens again and I've done it several times. I'm not sure what to do and i really want to play the game. please could  you  help me. 

Message 1 of 3 (330 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: i brought sims 4 but cannot play it because my computer wont download origin

@elleotte8  That file is part of the 2015 VC++ runtimes, which Origin needs to install properly.  It's best to uninstall your current copies, if you have any, and then download new ones from Microsoft.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them), and select Uninstall.  You can download new copies here. Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Restart your computer, and try to install Origin again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (305 Views)

All Replies

Re: i brought sims 4 but cannot play it because my computer wont download origin

@elleotte8  That file is part of the 2015 VC++ runtimes, which Origin needs to install properly.  It's best to uninstall your current copies, if you have any, and then download new ones from Microsoft.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them), and select Uninstall.  You can download new copies here. Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Restart your computer, and try to install Origin again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (306 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict thank you so much it worked

Message 3 of 3 (273 Views)