how to stop pop ads when logging into origin?

by wernerstr

Original Post

Re: how to stop pop ads when logging into origin?

★★★ Newbie

these all happened while i was playing.

Message 31 of 36 (972 Views)

★ Novice

This does not work for me and I still receive pop up ads, I've linked my hijackthis,exe log to this post. perhaps it will help.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 32 of 36 (904 Views)

[ Edited ]

@NoJobJimmie I would ditch the Kingsoft AV and 360 (both are spamming ads, so a big no from me and not only). Get Malware Bytes Free (excellent for detecting a wide range of malware and ransomware), add BitDefender Free (Kaspersky and Avast free AV are also great this year, so any of those three will do as a dedicated AV). Run Malware Bytes and whatever AV you decide upon and see the results.

Also, you can use Zone Alarm Free, but careful while installing, as the custom installation option is well hidden. It requires your email, but if you are cool with that, that's the best firewall around. If you use the paid version you get rid of all the hustle and have some nice extra features, too.  For a complete Security Suite (paid) i would recommend BitDefender or Kaspersky, plus the paid version of Malwarebytes. 

P.S.: HijackThis is an outdated utility, the last update was 6 years ago. So it's not reliable anymore.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 33 of 36 (887 Views)

★ Novice

Do you recommend any other program to remove the issue?

Message 34 of 36 (848 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David what do you mean by clicking origin in the top left i have the same problem when i click on sims 4 the origin is logged out and the ad is in the right corner and i can't click anything or sign in.
Message 35 of 36 (614 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @leeannag82 I'm locking this thread as it is 4 years old.

If having an issue then please create a new thread with as much info as possible.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 36 of 36 (556 Views)