Re: how to stop pop ads when logging into origin?

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how to stop pop ads when logging into origin?

★★ Newbie

Hi EA,

I have purchased EA games which I can't access because when I try and login into Origin, I receive pop up adds that has nothing to do with gaming.

This is very frustrating and I am considering not purchasing any other EA games in the future.

Please sort this out asap!

Regards,

Unhappy client

Message 1 of 36 (21,903 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@wernerstr What sort of ads do you get? There is a "Featured Today" popup, but this has very much to do with gaming. 

You can disable this by clicking Origin in the top left, then Application Settings. Click the Advanced tab, and there should be a checkbox to disable the popup. 

However if you're getting different popups that are preventing you from playing, it sounds like you have malware on your machine. Scanning your machine for any infections is worth trying. If an infection is found/removed, be sure to change any passwords that you had previously too. 

Thank you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 36 (26,301 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@wernerstr What sort of ads do you get? There is a "Featured Today" popup, but this has very much to do with gaming. 

You can disable this by clicking Origin in the top left, then Application Settings. Click the Advanced tab, and there should be a checkbox to disable the popup. 

However if you're getting different popups that are preventing you from playing, it sounds like you have malware on your machine. Scanning your machine for any infections is worth trying. If an infection is found/removed, be sure to change any passwords that you had previously too. 

Thank you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 36 (26,302 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There's no access yo this on my log in. There used to be but ever since these horrible ads it disappeared. Get rid of these ads 

Message 3 of 36 (21,823 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Are you seeing the ads on the Origin client? Do you have an image of them? Nothing major has changed with how Origin uses ads so you may have a malware issue. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 36 (21,818 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_David wrote:

Are you seeing the ads on the Origin client? Do you have an image of them? Nothing major has changed with how Origin uses ads so you may have a malware issue. 

Message 5 of 36 (21,470 Views)

Community Manager

Yep, you'll want to run a malware scan, Origin shouldn't appear like this. I think the issue is linked to your browser rather than Origin, but hopefully a wide scan/check will find the issue. 

Thanks for the image. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 36 (21,461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

im getting ad pops also when i login.Something called counterflix. I havent loged in for a few days.saying ads are enabled on computer. i can't get into the app settings for origin. clicking on app settings does nothing. heres screen shot. runnin trendmicro house call now.

Message 7 of 36 (21,102 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank God someone else has this issue!!!! I have counterflix ads on my origin as well and I can't find anywhere to get rid of them. It causes big problems for me because I can't update or even start the games. Recently I haven't even been able to use origin because it's only loading all the time. Have you found a way to get rid of it yet?

Message 8 of 36 (21,083 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@SimCela1 @wernerstr This is not our software. If you are confident clearing out such software from your system, please do so. 

If you are not confident with these steps, you can contact a friend/family member to help, or reach out to your local PC repair shop. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 36 (21,058 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having trouble with it as well. I've run malwarebytes and avira , on windows safe mode as well. I've run windows defender offline and can't get rid of it. Of all the softwares on my pc, origin has been the only one affected by it. I've been searching for solutions, but can't find any.

Message 10 of 36 (20,998 Views)