Re: how do i reinstall sims 4 on the new origin update?

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how do i reinstall sims 4 on the new origin update?

★★★ Newbie

I have recently had to factory reset my computer when I redownloaded origin the update was effective. Obviously sims 4 is no longer installed. In the past this has been a matter of clicking on the game and reinstalling but now that option doesn't seem to be there it just says details and nothing else. Please help me to be able to play this game.

Message 1 of 14 (25,525 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Hi @silly221

You should be able to Download your game following these steps:

1. Open Origin and log in with the account in which you have your game.
  2. Go to Game Library
  3. Click on The Sims 4
  4. You will get information about the game, and you should see an orange button with the "Download" option. Click on it.

Now you just need to wait for Origin to download and install your game. Standard smile

-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (26,035 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @silly221

You should be able to Download your game following these steps:

1. Open Origin and log in with the account in which you have your game.
  2. Go to Game Library
  3. Click on The Sims 4
  4. You will get information about the game, and you should see an orange button with the "Download" option. Click on it.

Now you just need to wait for Origin to download and install your game. Standard smile

-Mai

Message 2 of 14 (26,036 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have tried this and it has not worked with the new update and i have paid money for the game and downloaded around a moth ago and now its gone!!!!!!

Message 3 of 14 (25,161 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@stubbzcrazylegs

Please explain more clearly what happened and we'll try to help you!

Message 4 of 14 (25,139 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, my Sims 4 wouldn't open and I uninstalled. AngryNow when I go back to reinstall, instead of having a "install" message on the orange button, it says "play on origin" on their website

This might be because I got rid of my desktop icon, but when I go into the menu on the bottom left corner (windows 10) and go through my apps then click on Origin, it won't open at all Devilso I just opened it on Google and went to their website.

I love playing sims 4, so I just want my game to come back.

@CMeki wrote:

@stubbzcrazylegs

Message 5 of 14 (25,016 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, my Sims 4 wouldn't open and so I uninstalled. AngryNow when I go back to reinstall, instead of having a "install" message on the orange button, it says "play on origin" on their website

This might be because I got rid of my desktop icon, but when I go into the menu on the bottom left corner (windows 10) and go through my apps then click on Origin, it won't open at all Devilso I just opened it on Google and went to their website.

I love playing sims 4, so I just want my game to come back.

@CMeki wrote:

@stubbzcrazylegs

Message 6 of 14 (25,015 Views)

Community Manager

@GenghisContra Can you try deleting and reinstalling Origin to see if ti helps. 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 14 (24,984 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been having the same problem. I've been wanting to play sims 4 for 2 days now. But when I click on sims, it brings me to origin, not the game, and not even my home. When i go to origin, it doesn't go to home. I tried logging in online, and it says I don't have the game, and I have to buy it again.

I tried uninstalling sims, and uninstalling origin, nothing is working. I don't know what to do. 

I just want to play my game again, I paid a lot of money for it.

Message 8 of 14 (24,142 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I do not even see a Game Library on our Origin account
Message 9 of 14 (24,077 Views)

Community Manager

Do you not see My Game Library listed in the left-hand side of you Origin window above notifications as shown in the image below @tsportiello?

origin.PNG

Let me know if your Origin is missing it.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 14 (24,061 Views)