how can I stop automatic downloads of expansion pack?

by sweetsmores

Original Post

how can I stop automatic downloads of expansion pack?

★★ Novice

Hello,

I own several expansion packs (stuff packs, Game packs,...) of the SIMS 4 but my computer cant handle it if I install all of them. So I pick and choose, install some but everytime I start the SIMS Game Origin starts downloading and installing the other packs I own. How can I turn that off?

Its really annoying when I forget. Especially since  I cant just deinstall the packs without deinstalling the whole Game again

Message 1 of 7 (4,481 Views)

Re: how can I stop automatic downloads of expansion pack?

Community Manager

@sweetsmores

In Origin, click on the Origin menu, Application Settings, click on the Application section, then under the Client update section turn OFF Automatic game updates.

Please let us know if this meets your needs, thank you.

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (4,464 Views)

★★ Novice

the automatic updates were already turned off

Message 3 of 7 (4,458 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Doing this does not resolve the issue.

Message 4 of 7 (4,409 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The next best thing is to go to Download Restrictions (above Client Update) and change the settings to pause all downloads while the game is open and to download at only 16 KB/s outside of the game so you have time to cancel the download.

Message 5 of 7 (3,410 Views)

★ Apprentice

For anyone who searches and finds this thread, it appears the option for a download this slow is no longer there -- I only see 512 kb/s.

I can't believe there is no option for this. I bought Sims 4 DLC while it was on sale, but because the "new" EA app also does not have feature parity with the old Origin app for moving Sims packs, I am trying to stop the EA app from downloading the DLC while there isn't space on my computer, until I have time to redownload it all while I'm at work or overnight. Instead, it tries to download and install DLC and errors out repeatedly. I can't install the smaller kits or packs because every single time it tries to install big expansions it errors (I assume because when I look at the combined sizes of the DLC it wouldn't fit on my current drive). I really hope that EA either gives us the ability to move an existing installation or stop automatic downloads of expansion packs.

Message 6 of 7 (904 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this exact issue and the EA app wont even let me cancel the downloads it just keeps auto downloading packs I dont want. All auto download features are turned off. I am wildly frustrated.

Message 7 of 7 (555 Views)