Re: harry potter

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

harry potter

★★★ Newbie

I would like to have the Harry Potter games on my PC, however, they are not on Origin, and the downloads are unavailable on Amazon. Is there a way to still get the downloads?

Message 1 of 8 (2,349 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

@jkliewer1 I don't think you can get the the digital download versions of these games anymore. Some retailers may still carry the disc versions of these games.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (2,443 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@jkliewer1 I don't think you can get the the digital download versions of these games anymore. Some retailers may still carry the disc versions of these games.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Message 2 of 8 (2,444 Views)

★★ Novice

You almost can't find the older Harry Potter (1, 2 and 3) games any more in the Netherlands as a physical copy. I really want to play this game again but it's not on Origin. Why it doesn't come to Origin? Please Community Manager, would you contact to the Origin team if there is a possibility to bring these awesome rememberable games on Origin? Even Populous, a game from 1989 is available on Origin.

Message 3 of 8 (2,298 Views)

Community Manager

@Ferry145 Hi,

Thank you for your interest in the Harry Potter franchise. We are always looking at bringing legacy titles to Origin but keep in mind that with the Harry Potter games, there might also be license agreements we would have to uphold.

Your best bet for now would be to check with our partner retailers such as Amazon.

Let us know how you get on then.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 8 (2,274 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

any chance of there being a remaster for the harry potter games 1 2 3 and if needed 4. also would those older harry potter games that are no longer supported not fall in the category abandonware ?

Message 5 of 8 (2,160 Views)

@satan45 sadly no. The license is now with Warner and no, the games are not abandonware, as long there is a license owner and a a copyright owner (Warner and J.K. Rowlings). Even the products are not available for sale, anymore, as long as there is a copyright owner, nothing is considered abandonware. If we had a case where the copyright expired and the company was gone, yes, that would be abandonware. But in this case, we have a license holder (Warner) and the copyright owner is alive and kicking and using the IP to develop new works set in the universe that she created (see Fantastic Creatures, which is a HP spin-off).

As EA doesn't hold the license anymore (they could not compete with Warner in a bidding war, as Warner is an actual Mega-Corp, while EA is nowhere near and to be honest, neither Activision or Ubi), EA can't use their old works, unless Warner allows them to do that (or if they manage to convince JK that there are money to be made from those old games). Also, no digital re-release, remasters or patching...

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 6 of 8 (2,127 Views)

★★★ Novice

if you get the disc versions for the last 2 or maybe 3, i have half blood prince, dh p1 & pt2 on Origin. Try to redeem the product number on the game manuals.

Message 7 of 8 (1,955 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all I'm locking this thread as it is a number of years old.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,902 Views)