Re: hack

by holger1405

Original Post

hack

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am not able to reach EA support. I have been trying for days. My Origin account has been hacked and has been changed to a different email. 

I have not logged into origin in almost a year. But that is no excuse for someone to be able to just change the email. 

Message 1 of 6 (657 Views)

Community Manager

@BKenchw 

Please see the following link for info on how to handle this situation: 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/i-think-somebody-hacked-my-origin-account-what-can-i-do-now

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (627 Views)

★ Novice

All it does is take me all the way through to create my case where it tells me to hold tight. This occurred last night, unfortunately the window was open for hours until I had to go to sleep but did not get any assistance. 

Message 3 of 6 (617 Views)

@BKenchw 

This might be because of the current world wide situation.

To rule out that the problem is not on your end:

Restarting the router, changing the region to English (if not already set this way), changing Browsers (Internet Explorer), disabling add-ons especially anti-script and ad-block software or the windows firewall and the virus scanner for the contact attempt could help.

Here is an EA contact guide.

You also could try EAs Support on Twitter or on Facebook.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 6 (595 Views)

★ Novice

I can accept that part. The issue I have mainly is that there is no email support currently. They are just loop arounds, it would be much easier for these kinds of issues instead of needing to actually wait hours in one sitting for a simple email change. The new trading hours start at 8PM here. 

Unfortunately that does not work either, I have tried 3 different browsers with no add-ons/ad blocks. 

Message 5 of 6 (579 Views)

[ Edited ]

@BKenchw 

Then I would suggest to try the twitter help.
This might be the best solution itm.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 6 (566 Views)