Re: given a fake account

by ItsLwrence

Original Post

given a fake account

★★★ Newbie

So this is going to sound pretty crazy, but I was given an Origin account that already had some games downloaded on it, and the person who previously owned it put all of their information when creating the account(such as phone number and billing address). I've been using the account since 2018 and had no problems with it. One day this week I tried logging in and something popped up saying "Your credentials are incorrect or have expired. Please try again or reset password". I did some research on what this meant and found out my account may have been hacked. I talked with an agent to see if I could get this problem fixed and they told me to try to reset the password. I told my agent that I don't have access to the email(after doing some research I found out that the email might not even be real) linked with the account so they sent me a recovery form. As I mentioned before, I don't know any of the information used to create the account(and the person didn't bother telling me), so the case was closed due to the fact I didn't know anything about the account and was forced to put N/A in almost all of the questions in the recovery form. I spent more than $40 on games using that account and I'm pretty desperate to get this issue fixed.

Is there any way I can get my account back or possibly have it merged?

I understand that having little to no information about the account makes me sound like some random person trying to get access to an account they don't really own. But I was able to provide some information(like my most recent purchases and the games currently downloaded) that I thought would be the key to getting my account back. I'm still waiting on the person to give me more information about the account but from the looks of it they will not be responding any time soon. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 3 (439 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @ItzGohld

I'm afraid that transferring ownership of an EA Account is against the Terms of Service. Since that account was originally created by someone else we would not be able to assist you with recovering access to it. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 3 (417 Views)

★★★ Guide
Hi @ItzGohld You must not accept any account created by someone else because they have all the basic information for the account in which they can restore the account, and can at any time claim that the account has been compromised and may be able to recover it.
That way, you lose everything you have done on this account
Message 3 of 3 (357 Views)