game looping between install and finalising

by BevierYang

Original Post

game looping between install and finalising

★★★ Newbie

Hi all

I'm having a very strange problem on my iMac and I believe part of it was my fault.

I tried installing 3 games from the Origin game laucher - Spore, Spore: Galactic Adventures and Dragon Age II. I then switched over to Amazon Workspace and connected to my work PC via Remote Desktop for an hour.

After that, I switched back to Origin and found that all my games were downloaded and ready to install. However, all three never ever did install. 

The three gets downloaded, I click on install, it says finalising, and then it appears complete in the download bar. Right after that, when I clicked on the games in my library, it says to install again! I've clicked install like 5 or 6 times and the entire process keeps looping!

However, I did manage to download Sims 4 even though the other 3 kept getting stuck! This was happening simultaneously! Isn't that strange? On a whim, I purchased Sims 4 expansion packs Get to Work and Discover University, and even while the other 3 games got stuck in a loop between finalising and install, these expansions which were purchased later installed without a glitch! Simultaneously! I was so worried when I tried to install all 5 (Spore, Spore: Galactic Adventures, Dragon Age II, Get To Work and Discover University) but only the first three never left the loop - the Sims 4 expansions all installed!

So.. I've tried several things - 

1. Deleting DownloadCache from /Library/Application Support/Origin

2. Deleting DownloadCache and CatalogCache from /Library/Application Support/Origin

3. uninstalling Origin entirely and tried reinstalling the games.

None of it worked. And I do not think its a firewall or antivirus issue because Sims 4 installed perfectly!

Can anyone help me please?

Message 1 of 2 (254 Views)

Re: game looping between install and finalising

@BevierYang  What version of macOS does your computer run?  Aside from Sims 4, none of the games you listed run in Catalina.  The others are all 32-bit apps, and Catalina is 64-bit only.

For the Origin loop, try running the reset tool for macOS:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (252 Views)