ea/origin account mess

by zc7x6aagk0n

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ea/origin account mess

★★★ Newbie

Dear EA.

I am trying to purchase Planets vs Zombies 2 Garden Warfare for my 11yr old son. And it is giving me grief Frown

I have defined an Origin account for him under the ID: TheGreatestBane

But when I tried to purchase the game, it requested my EA account - but apparently the Origin account I created (AND WORKS) cannot be used, because it doesn't even have an email linked with it - and I have to use an EA account to actually purchase the game. I tried using the parent email - but it didn't help either.

Fine, so I tried defining an EA account for him - but he is too young, so I tried with the parent email - but it didn't accept the password I used for the Origin account..

So I have reset the password for the EA account linked to my email (the one I am asking the question from right now).

This is apparently some dummy account I created for some unknown reason - it has a meaningless name.

I don't see any game linked with this account - but I do have MANY EA games that I have purchased before (through Steam) and I am afraid this may be somehow related...

But what is worse - it has still not solved my problem: I don't want my son to use an account called: ZC7X6AAGKON - I tried changing the name, but it asks me a security question that I fail to answer (probably it has an answer with the same level of quality as the account name itself...)

Please let me know how I should proceed with this whole thing...

I want to purchase the game for my son's usage.

I don't mind using this account - if I can fix its security question

I don't mind creating a new account - but do you want me to lie about the name!?

I don't mind leavign this account as it as provided that you can tell me it is not linked with any of MY actual games AND that if I login to this account to buy the game, I can actually pass it on to my son's Origin account..

Sorry for the long story, it is the frustration talking.. Please help quick because the kid is giving me hell...

Message 1 of 2 (240 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ea/origin account mess

EA DICE Team

@zc7x6aagk0n

Hi,

You are not able to purchase games digitally for your son on his own account. Minor accounts do not have that option. Also note that if you purchase a physical copy of any EA game for your son and then redeem it on his account, that he will not be able to use multiplayer functions of the game either--these options are also disabled for minor accounts. This means that he won't be able to play Plants vs Zombies on his own account.

What you can do is login with your own account (the parental account, reset your password again if you have to), and purchase the game there. I also checked that account for you and see the registration of several EA games. They might however not show up for you because you have the Steam versions.

I cannot provide any further specific account information over the forum. Should you have any additional questions then you can reach out to an EA Advisor. Should your country of residence not have a dedicated support channel then you can reach out to our UK channel via +44 203 0141818. In that case I would recommend to use a voIP such as Skype to avoid long distance charges.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (250 Views)

All Replies

Re: ea/origin account mess

EA DICE Team

@zc7x6aagk0n

Hi,

You are not able to purchase games digitally for your son on his own account. Minor accounts do not have that option. Also note that if you purchase a physical copy of any EA game for your son and then redeem it on his account, that he will not be able to use multiplayer functions of the game either--these options are also disabled for minor accounts. This means that he won't be able to play Plants vs Zombies on his own account.

What you can do is login with your own account (the parental account, reset your password again if you have to), and purchase the game there. I also checked that account for you and see the registration of several EA games. They might however not show up for you because you have the Steam versions.

I cannot provide any further specific account information over the forum. Should you have any additional questions then you can reach out to an EA Advisor. Should your country of residence not have a dedicated support channel then you can reach out to our UK channel via +44 203 0141818. In that case I would recommend to use a voIP such as Skype to avoid long distance charges.

Message 2 of 2 (251 Views)