Re: does each player need an account?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

does each player need an account?

★★★ Newbie

I am new to this. I have 2 kids, do I need to buy them each a subscription, or just 1?  Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (727 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@XrockerT  Technically, it's against EA rules to share accounts.  Of course, families often share accounts, especially among the children, and no one gets too bent out of shape.  But if your kids want to play at the same time as each other, they'll need to each have their own Origin accounts with separate subscriptions or copies of whatever games they're playing.

Please also check the rules on child and teen accounts, as many games don't allow online access or other features that you may think are entirely appropriate for your kids.  With child accounts, there's apparently no way for a parent to manually whitelist these features.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (706 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@XrockerT  Technically, it's against EA rules to share accounts.  Of course, families often share accounts, especially among the children, and no one gets too bent out of shape.  But if your kids want to play at the same time as each other, they'll need to each have their own Origin accounts with separate subscriptions or copies of whatever games they're playing.

Please also check the rules on child and teen accounts, as many games don't allow online access or other features that you may think are entirely appropriate for your kids.  With child accounts, there's apparently no way for a parent to manually whitelist these features.

Message 2 of 7 (707 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you, that is exactly what I needed to know; they both want to poolay at the same time. And another dumb question, now that we have EA subscriptions, do we still need o buy he actual games? Or is it necessary to both buy the game and the EA subscription in order to play? Thanks

Message 3 of 7 (676 Views)

[ Edited ]

@XrockerT  It's not a dumb question either.  If a game is included in Origin Access Basic or Premier, it will say so on the game's Origin store page.  For example, if you search for Sims 4, the base game will say "included with Basic and Premier," and two packs (Dine Out and Kids' Room Stuff) will say "Included with Premier," because they're only available through Premier, not the Basic version of the subscription.  The other packs will say nothing, because they're not available unless you buy them outright.

Any EA game that's available through Access should always be available through Access, no separate purchase required.  Some third-party games do get removed, and you'd need to buy them outright to keep playing.  Otherwise, you'll only need to pay for the subscription, or only the game itself, but never both.

Message 4 of 7 (662 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you. So, I think I screwed up. I bought Plants v Zombies, then i realized they needed EA access. So then I bought them each a EA subscription. When I go on the Ea games page Plans V Zombies is there. So, I didn't need o buy it? Can you return games? Thanks

Message 5 of 7 (644 Views)

@XrockerT  I don't think you should need a subscription to play a game you already own, although I admittedly don't know much about the PvZ franchise.  You could ask in the forum for whichever version your kids are playing:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies/ct-p/Plants-Vs-Zombies

If you want to return the game and just use Access though, you should be able to do it automatically if it's been less than 24 hours since you first launched it and also less than 14 days since you bought it.  Directions are here, if you scroll past a bunch of caveats and disclaimers:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

Message 6 of 7 (633 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you, you have been very helpful

Message 7 of 7 (631 Views)