Re: dbghelp.dll issue with origin...

by EA_Darko

Original Post

dbghelp.dll issue with origin...

★★★ Newbie

Alright, I have Windows 7 64-bit on my computer. I have installed Origin and Sims 4 and played with no problem. However today I go to open the game and it tells me that 'dbghelp.dll' cannot be found. Please try re-installing Origin to solve this issue. Well I have uninstalled and re-installed Origin twice and still it does not work. I even re-downloaded the Origin installer incase the file I got became corrupt some how. I have gone and done a search for 'dbghelp.dll' and nothing even comes up in my search. Any help with this? It's very frustrating to go spend 80 dollars on a game, only to be unable to play it due to a launcher that's required to play that has nothing to do with the game....

Message 1 of 6 (2,135 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah......spent 5 hours yesterday trying to fix this, some of that time including support from EA live chat......still have yet to get origin to work. /cry

Message 2 of 6 (2,052 Views)

EA Staff

Please try the steps in the order below:

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Run CCleaner
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the set up file with Admin rights
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator
  8. Right click the game tile in the Origin client and select the Repair option
Message 3 of 6 (2,046 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I followed all the steps in the correct order. 

Additionally I checked for the required dll in both the system32 and syswow64 folder.
Also I manually copied the dll in Origins own folder (as some other forum user suggested) and I still get by the Football Manager 13 Editor that the dll is missing.

Funny thing is, that the actual game doesn't complain at all and starts normally. Only the editor is affected.

Message 4 of 6 (1,614 Views)

★★★ Novice

Infelizmente, não temos suporte algum da EA.

Message 5 of 6 (1,201 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Viinaum8 I've locked this thread as it is quite old now.

When posting on the English AHQ forums we would ask that you do so in English.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (1,182 Views)