Re: crysis 3 freezing windows 10

by ilike2burnthing

Original Post

Community Manager

@wrex218 Awesome, thanks for letting me know!

Have fun with the game. Standard smile

Cheers,

Nils

Message 11 of 18 (1,028 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Sadly that success was short lived. It's now back to doing the same thing and even worse sometimes even after I have re-authenticated my cache, in essence rebuilt the application. The last time it totally locked up my system and I had no choice but to reboot to regain functionality. I have not had any game cause this much grief with a system for years now. I am just going to let it rest for a while and hope someone comes up with a solution that will be permanent. 

Message 12 of 18 (1,021 Views)

★ Guide

Problem is normally caused by faulty or underpowered power supply, or overworked graphics card.

Possible solutions:

• Underclock graphics card or at least remove overclock if one has been set
  • Increase card fan speed
  • Nvidia GPUs - downgrade drivers to 302.80
  • AMD GPUs - add power/wattage to graphics card

- http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Crysis_3#.27Cryengine_error.27_and_.27DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.27

Message 13 of 18 (1,006 Views)

★ Apprentice

"faulty or underpowered power supply, or overworked graphics card".

I wish it were that simple, but my PSU is way overpowered for my system requirements and is in very good working condition and my Video card is not overclocked. I even rolled back my OS to an earlier version hoping that would resolve it but the problem persists. 

But thank you for trying all the same.

Message 14 of 18 (994 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

There could be issues with your PSU you're unaware of though. Do you have a spare to try, a family member or friend who would let you try theirs, or a local computer repair shop who would be decent enough to try out a replacement to see if that's the issue? I've done the latter before, but my guys are really nice.

You could try an underclock for your card, as it could be that the vendor overclock (e.g. MSI, Gigabyte, XFX, etc.) is what's messing it up.

Did you try downgrading the drivers to 302.80?

Message 15 of 18 (982 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you for your response and I have tried all of the things you have mentioned. I built this machine and build others from time to time so I have lots of hardware available to me to try. I have another, a Radeon video card that I intend to try this week since I'm on vacation and have the time to experiment.

Thanks again for the thoughts.

I will post if I have any success, or even if I don't.

Message 16 of 18 (969 Views)

Community Manager

@wrex218 Keep us posted!

Cheers,

Nils

Message 17 of 18 (958 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still no success, I reverted my Windows 10 OS to an older version in hopes that would help rectify the problem, it did not. I tried three different video cards to no avail. Short of installing it on another system which I am in the process of building at the moment, I am at a loss as to where to go next. Other games like The Sniper Series and Doom seem to work just fine with this setup. So I am really stumped on this one at the moment.

Message 18 of 18 (955 Views)