console and EA account link

by namiking84

Original Post

console and EA account link

★★★ Newbie

I've lost the access to my old account. To be more precise, I do not remember the log in information and which email address I've used as I rarely access EA.com. Now, I have Twitch Prime Loot to claim on Apex Legends and can't because of it. I have created a new account on ea.com and would like to link my xbox gamertag to the new ea.com account.

I have contacted help advisors multiple times. Each time they sent me a link to account retrieval and asked for the information regarding the old account which is linked with my xbox console. I have no information about it. I don't care about the old account either. I just want to link my new account to my xbox.

Account retrieval gave me a link for a call that reads: 

We got your information about case 48187XXX. We see what could be irregular activity, and we want to talk to you on the phone. 
Click here to go to EA Help and start a call. 
We’ll ask you to log in with your EA Account before calling. If you can’t log in to your account, get access to your case and set up a call here 

When I click the link, it says:

Our phones are closed right now—sorry we missed you. Please try again during our business hours. Our agents are available Monday through Friday: 8:00 am - 9:00 pm GMT (4:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT)

It is 1:00 pm PDT which is 4:00 pm EDT. I have been refreshing the page since 10:00 am PDT.

There is a hole in your support system, EA. 

Message 1 of 4 (417 Views)

Re: console and EA account link

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @namiking84 .

Can you ensure that you are following these steps exactly when trying to contact support:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

If it does not work then you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype or Google Voice and contact our UK support directly, it is best to set your location to the country you are contacting also. The UK support number is  +44 203 0141818  and is available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (397 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thanks for the guide @EA_Darko.

Unfortunately, I have chatted with supervisors four or five separate times already. Each time, they gave me a link to account recovery where I would fill out the account information and wait for there response and I receive this message each and every time.

'We couldn’t grant access to this account based on the info you shared. We can only verify the account using the info that was given to us when the account was set up.

If you can get access to your email or share more info, let us know by filling out a new form at help.ea.com/account-recovery/web-form.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience. We know not having access to an account is frustrating. We’re extra cautious because we want all player info to be as safe as possible. Thanks for sticking with us.'

Again, I do not have an access to my old email. All I can provide them is my current ea.com account information and the old email address I set up at least five to six years ago.

My xbox live account is really stuck with the ghost ea account and there seems to be nothing much for me to do at this point. I know that the help team has a protocol to protect customers information and they are really following it but is there anybody who can provide a real solution? Maybe like yourself? to identify I am a legitimate customer with a real account issue and fix the problem once and for all? Please let me know.

Best
Message 3 of 4 (365 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to say @namitsunami84 but if you are unable to verify that you are the account owner then our team will be unable to assist you in gaining access to the account.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (337 Views)