cant launch mirrors edge

by PeeOnDeadChild

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cant launch mirrors edge

★★★ Newbie

i just got a game code for mirrors edge for my birthday but when i try to launch the game it tells me that it cant connect to the license server or something. im pretty clueless when it comes to stuff like this but does it mean the code has already been used? if not then how do i fix this. im pretty hopeless (i tried uninstalling it and installing it again and it did not work and i have no issues at all with my connection or my computer)

Message 1 of 8 (1,924 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cant launch mirrors edge

@PeeOnDeadChild 

If @puzzlezaddict  is right, and this is a Origin digital download, please try this:

• Make sure Origin is completely closed
  • Go to your ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mirrors Edge\Binaries" folder.
  • Move the "Paul.dll" from the "Binaries" folder to your Desktop.
  • Test.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (1,759 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey there. 

Is Mirrors Edge showing up in your game library? If so, it sounds like the code was redeemed successfully. Did you get any sort of error messages at all when you tried claiming it? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie

nothing while claiming it went wrong i just can not launch the game cause of an error message telling me the game could not start due to lag of connection to the license server or something like that

Message 3 of 8 (1,844 Views)

[ Edited ]

@PeeOnDeadChild  The issue is one or two out of date files that are supposed to help your game connect to EA servers to authenticate your ownership.  Just to clarify, is this an Origin digital download?  Your description sounds like it, but it would be helpful to confirm.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 8 (1,810 Views)

@PeeOnDeadChild 

If @puzzlezaddict  is right, and this is a Origin digital download, please try this:

• Make sure Origin is completely closed
  • Go to your ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mirrors Edge\Binaries" folder.
  • Move the "Paul.dll" from the "Binaries" folder to your Desktop.
  • Test.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 8 (1,760 Views)

Community Manager

Hey again. 

Were you able to try the steps that @Holger1405 recommended above? 

Are you still running into the same issues when you're trying to launch Mirror's Edge? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 8 (1,641 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem so I moved the file to my desktop it still doesn't work instead a different prompt appears telling me that no dvd/cd from found

Message 7 of 8 (1,584 Views)

★★ Novice

I did the fix and the game still doesn't open, it starts to load and then nothing happens and I can hit play again but to no end.

Message 8 of 8 (887 Views)