cant install origin-windows vista

by CmPrinny9k

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cant install origin-windows vista

★★★ Newbie

Hi, so I downloaded the launcher, click it aaaaaand....nothing.

I've tried re-downloading it, restarting the pc, etc.

Don't know what's going on.

This is my back up pc, I'm on it after life happened. circa 2006-7 I think and it's windows Vista, i've downloaded all the windows updates and updated my drivers. this was never a pc for gaming but i did upgrade it to 4 gb of ram (was something back in the day).

please help.

Message 1 of 17 (12,328 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cant install origin-windows vista

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@CandyBot @CmPrinny9k @midoutlaw @ChaoticLawful

Please read through the information in the following article:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/operating-system-not-supported-by-origin/

For further issues with the client, I would recommend a clean boot and a manual uninstall.

View in thread

Message 5 of 17 (14,336 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

Origin recently updated the OS requirements, and now Windows Vista is no longer supported. You will need Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10 to run Origin.

I think it has something to do with Origin now requiring Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2013, which isn't compatible with older versions of Windows.

Message 2 of 17 (12,313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

3 days ago I had to reload my operating system then after all the updates I loaded origin and downloaded my games. after a glitch I reloaded again today march 18 2016 and I am unable to load origin. Says compatable with windows 7 and up. SO are they going to refund the money for my games Ive purchased? I play battlefield 2142 and if they bail on up with this issue how can we trust them in the future with other game purchases?

NOT GOOD BUSINESS ORIGIN. HAVE TO TALK TO MY LAWYER ABOUT THIS

'

'

Message 3 of 17 (12,223 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had to do a factory reset of my computer. I have Vista as well. I tried putting all my old program files/data back on my computer but Origin says it's not running when it is. That new slim version of Origin won't run for me. Is there an older version of Origin for people on Vista? Or can we just no longer play our games?? This is crazy.

Message 4 of 17 (12,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@CandyBot @CmPrinny9k @midoutlaw @ChaoticLawful

Please read through the information in the following article:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/operating-system-not-supported-by-origin/

For further issues with the client, I would recommend a clean boot and a manual uninstall.

Message 5 of 17 (14,337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I watched this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_P9jRsfVCu8 and it helped. I hadn't been deleting my Origin files in Appdata local before trying to reinstall. (Sorry I spazzed)

Message 6 of 17 (12,155 Views)

EA DICE Team

Great, thanks for updating us.. Standard smile

Message 7 of 17 (12,136 Views)

★★ Novice

I  restored my pc and had to reinstall Origin. After getting the "Slim" version I initially couldn't get it to install. Next day after a breath I went to the icon clicked properties and discovered it was being blocked. Clicked unblock and it installed like a dream. I hadn't added any spyware or antivirus stuff back yet I went straight to Origin first and my pc still blocked it. But unchecking the square fixed it. NOW I'll install my protection

Message 8 of 17 (9,322 Views)

★★ Novice

Have you downloaded the origin slim version yet? If not download it and you should be fine. If you have and can't open it (which was MY problem) click properties and see if your PC is blocking it. It's not the firewall or antivirus it just automatically blocks it until you uncheck the square. Should work after that

Message 9 of 17 (9,317 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks...that was my problem
Message 10 of 17 (9,003 Views)