cant find product code

by jadincelesterose

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cant find product code

★★★ Newbie

Origin,

i downloaded the sims about about a year ago. My computer unfortunately broke and I was not able to use it. I finally got a new computer and I want to play the sims but, I can't find my product code. What do I do? Do I have to buy the whole thing again? Can you just email it back to me?

Message 1 of 10 (2,668 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cant find product code

Community Manager

@jadincelesterose Good news, finding your product code in origin is easy as it comes. All you have to do is click on the game tile and then beside the 'Play" button select the options cog wheel and then hit 'Game Properties'. You will see your CD key or product code listed in the window that pops up.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (2,643 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@jadincelesterose Good news, finding your product code in origin is easy as it comes. All you have to do is click on the game tile and then beside the 'Play" button select the options cog wheel and then hit 'Game Properties'. You will see your CD key or product code listed in the window that pops up.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (2,644 Views)

★★★ Newbie

but there is no game title. there is no games in my library or history

Message 3 of 10 (2,522 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Have you been helped yet? I have the same problem
Message 4 of 10 (2,519 Views)

Community Manager

@blommekind97 Is the issue that all your games are missing, if so it is most likely that you have logged into the wrong account. A lot of people end up with multiple Origin accounts and if you appear to be missing games can you go ahead and log out and then try using different logins you may have.

Let me know how you get on. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 10 (2,498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is old, but I'm having the same problem but with an expansion pack for The Sims 3. The base game and two of the expansions were registered on my Origin account so I could install them but my favorite one, the Supernatural expansion, isn't on the list and I don't know where my old CD is. I just got a new PC without a CD drive so all I need is the product key to install it through Origin.

Message 6 of 10 (2,427 Views)

★★★ Newbie
how do I find codes.trying to play games using gems
Message 7 of 10 (2,387 Views)

★★★ Newbie

is the product code and cd key the same thing?

Message 8 of 10 (2,154 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @orangegreen76 generally the product code and CD key are the same thing. 

Can I ask, are you being asked for either when launching or playing games? 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 10 (2,116 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is no product code in that. My game is NFS Heat.

Message 10 of 10 (1,996 Views)