Re: can't install origin xp version!

by 8caidoz8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can't install origin xp version!

★★★★ Novice

everytime i download origin for XP, it gives me an error when i click the origin icon, saying it cannot be installed because it cannot connect to the internet, i found out why, but  can't fix it, it turns out i have internet explorer 7 on a xp OS i upgraded my pc to win 10 once, but it didn't run smooth so i set it back to xp, and since origin goes through internet explorer and IE 7 doesn't function properly i can't do anything....

all i could do is download IE 6 and sp3, but microsoft does not provide IE 6 anymore, so i'd have to download this from an unreliable source, does anyone know a way around this?

so i can install origin and play games again¿? O,O

Message 1 of 6 (460 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@8caidoz8

I think you are getting to the point where a hardware upgrade is becoming necessary. Windows XP is no longer a supported platform for Origin and Microsoft has ended support for XP entirely.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (507 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Message 2 of 6 (443 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i had IE8 and the download didn't function, because IE8 is not compatible with my OS, so i wanted to set it back to IE6, but turns out i can't go further than IE7, so downloading IE8 won't resolve anything i'm afraid .-.

Message 3 of 6 (424 Views)

Community Manager

@8caidoz8

I think you are getting to the point where a hardware upgrade is becoming necessary. Windows XP is no longer a supported platform for Origin and Microsoft has ended support for XP entirely.

barry.png
Message 4 of 6 (508 Views)

★★★★ Novice

nevertheless ea games provide an origin download for xp.....

it should function.

Message 5 of 6 (405 Views)

can't install origin

★★★★ Novice

what do i have to do to get some decent support from ea?????

i contacted at least 5 chat supports and made a hq topic about it as well, which fixed nothing.....

i know the problem and i know ea games should fix it.....

but no one listens or remotely know what they are doing, i tried every possible troubleshooting step as well.....

the problem is origin XP 32 bits version runs through IE, but IE does not function properly with my OS, so it gives me the error of ''cannot connect to internet'' when i try to install origin.....

i can install steam and uplay, but not origin -.-, ea games should just fix the download by making it run through the users default browser, can a ea games staff member please forward this?????

AND tell me when its fixed?

i don't feel for more emails, chats and stuff :/

i just want to install origin....

Message 6 of 6 (399 Views)