can player get banned for being toxic over the mic?

by SanguineVert-

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can player get banned for being toxic over the mic?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I've been a little toxic over the mic and I'm just curious if EA monitors voice chat for toxicity when reported.

Message 1 of 9 (5,645 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: can player get banned for being toxic over the mic?

Hero
@SanguineVert- Yes, it is possible to receive a ban for being toxic over the mic.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (5,597 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@SanguineVert- Yes, it is possible to receive a ban for being toxic over the mic.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 9 (5,598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I have a question. Let's say an account is flagged as "high risk" for being toxic, can the account be able to return to "low risk" or will it be permabanned if another offense occurs. 

Message 3 of 9 (5,591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Sad news is EA is incredibly arbitrary and it completely depends on how much they want to dig up on you when someone reports you.

Battlefield 1 players have been banned when an entire team mass reports someone for using a shotgun for example. EA does not really give two-bits about individuals unless you are a streamer or just so happen to be involved with some legal nonsense.

[Advising ways to try and bypass our TOS is not allowed - CM]

Best of luck lol

Message 4 of 9 (5,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Hanonaut please stop spreading ridiculous conspiracy theories on AHQ. Using a certain weapon in game will not get you banned and breaking the rules in a different language will not help you escape punishment if breaking the rules.

If you continue to post in this manner then action will be taken.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 9 (5,498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But you can get banned for false reasons and when you try to talk about it you just get shut down because THEYRE RIGHT. like how i got banned for "hacks" since apex apparently regards discord and spotify and f.lux as 3rd party programs that will get you permabanned

Message 6 of 9 (3,305 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Tasla no one gets banned for listening to music when gaming so please do not psread misinformation.

If our TOS team has denied your appeals then there is nothing that we or anyone else in EA can do to change this.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 9 (3,268 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fact is that i got banned for either something i didnt do OR for a piece of software that you consider as 3rd party hacks when it clearly isnt. And that you cannot even appeal to it since you get instantly shut down without any piece of evidence or a real explanation

Message 8 of 9 (3,247 Views)

Community Manager

You need to take this to our TOS team @Tasla.

Going to go ahead and lock this thread now.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (3,243 Views)