Re: being falsely accused of cheating

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

being falsely accused of cheating

★ Novice

I was playing bf5 just like everyone else then i get kicked out of the game and message saying i have been banned. I try contacting ea help twice and they didnt help at all they just told me i was cheating and the ban was gonna stay. So now i have a paper weight that i spent 100 bucks on all together. Im very disappointed how ive been treated and was never assisted or refunded in any way.

Message 1 of 8 (1,749 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @Wolfstorm777 if you have a ban on your account then you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (1,708 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Wolfstorm777 if you have a ban on your account then you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,709 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko I already did this, they are the ones that told me that they aint taking the ban off, again this is not helping me. I did not cheat and now im chasing my tail getting no where
Message 3 of 8 (1,679 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to say @Wolfstorm777 but we are unable to assist in relation to any TOS ban or sanction. If the team have advised you that it is not possible to remove the ban then  there is nothing that we can do to change this.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,615 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko Then i guess you people just lost a veteran player. Im not gonna waste my money if this is how im gonna be treated. EA is a joke
Message 5 of 8 (1,596 Views)

★★ Novice

Aren't you at least going to give him something in exchange for the $100 he spent that he can no longer use? And does anyone owe him a better explanation than he seems to have received?  I'd be interested to know what sort of breaching of the TOS was serious enough to earn him the boot apparently without even a warning, if that was the case. Does a paying customer have options in a case like this, or does it simply fall on them to use the free legal system and file a case in their local small claims court? I wonder how many people find that their only alternative.  But I'd bet that most all who do win their cases and get their money returned because I doubt EA could attend as many court hearings as the number of people who get banned, and if they do I'm sure it costs EA more than $100 to appear in court. But that's to be expected when people are accused mistakenly or without evidence. And fortunately individuals don't need to hire a lawyer to file in small claims court.  Happy Thanksgiving.

Message 6 of 8 (1,594 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

exactly. I have the same case. to this day I don't know what was the reason for the ban. I received a series of 4 emails at the same time where 3 with him were temporary bans and one permanent. I also spent money on each of the passes. In the Answer QA record, the team had to answer my appeal within 72 hours. Today it is more than a week since the account was unknown blocked. They don't respect people at all. I come from Poland and I'm also wondering whether to file a lawsuit because it's obvious you steal

Message 7 of 8 (1,458 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, I've locked this thread as I said above we are not able to assist with TOS related issues on AHQ so if you are having an issue related to a ban or sanction then please speak with our TOS team using the steps I shared above.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,431 Views)