Re: battlefield 4

by CarbonCarl

Original Post

battlefield 4

★ Novice

Hi, I just bought BF4 and I have some trouble with audio.

I bought it from steam. 

Everytime when I play BF4, audio starts breaking / cracking. This happen when I play some 0,5-1 hour. 

And this problems follows you also when you quit BF4 ja return back to windows. 

When I wan't to listen some youtube music, sound is horrible. All time there is some breaking and cracking. 

Is there someone who can help me?  

Message 1 of 11 (867 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @EMO145 if you are seeing the issue outside of BF4 then it is likely a system issue that you are seeing rather than an issue with the game.

Have you checked your sound set up is connected and working as it should?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 11 (861 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko Hello.

I have checked
- All sound, mic etc drivers. No problems.
- Headset and all other devices. No problems.

This problem only occurs when I play BF4 0,5-1,0 hours. This problem won't occurs when I play something else. I tested this, I played 3 hours straight witcher 3 and nothing happened. All sound and audio is working just fine when I play and when I exit game.

My friends doesn't have this problem. They have bought this game from Origin. Is it possible that there is some file problems if this game i bought from steam?

Message 3 of 11 (851 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Hello @EMO145

This could be your headphone drivers and the reason for it is quite possibly because BF4 is loud with big bass effects such as explosions and gunfire etc, this can also happen when you play music too loud through headphones.

It could also be a loose cable/wire that is causing the issue, but the way you explain it following you tells me it could be the audio driver inside the headphones.

Try playing on a really low volume for a while and see if it makes any difference.
Message 4 of 11 (818 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @EMO145 can you see if you have Nahimic running, if you do can you open your Task Manager and end the process before starting the game.

I would also suggest a clean install of your audio drivers and there is no harm to repair the game from within your My Game Library just in case there is an issue with the game files.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 11 (776 Views)

★ Novice

Hello again. 

I don't have nahimic. I have nerver installed it. 

I have installed all my audio drivers. 

And I have also try to repair BF using origin. 

And finally I have used 2 different headphones ja 1 computer speakers. 

But all in for nothing problem is still there. 

Is there anything else what I can do? 

Plz help I really like BF4 but this sound problem is killing me..... 

Message 6 of 11 (724 Views)

★ Novice

I have also set my music configurations like master sound and my computer sound below 15 %.

Still nothing progress.

Message 7 of 11 (720 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @EMO145 can you search and ensure that you do not have Nahimic drivers installed. They often come pre installed or are installed by certain audio hardware setup. 

Can you try clean booting your system and then try the game again to see if you see the same issue?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 11 (710 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

I have double checked with my friend.

I don't have any nahimic drivers. 

And every day when I go to sleep I shut down my computer completely. I even pull electric wire off the wall. 

Message 9 of 11 (700 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Ok try this.

Go to Device Manager>Sound, video and game controllers>Right click on Realtek High definition Audio>Properties>Driver>Update driver>Browse my computer for driver software>Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer>Choose High Definition Audio Device>Yes. Then reboot your PC and see if that fixes the issue.

If you don't have the Realtek High Definition Audio installed then do the same with whatever driver it is that you're using, alternatively you can try installing the Realtek drivers from here: https://realtek-download.com/download-hd/ if they're not already installed and just installing those might solve the problem.

Message 10 of 11 (635 Views)