Re: anyone else having an issue with nfs rivals just crashing?

by craigbiller2

Original Post

anyone else having an issue with nfs rivals just crashing?

★★★ Novice

NFS player here. Just wondering if anyone else is having an issue where the game just crashes and dashboards constantly?

Message 1 of 6 (525 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is in reference to NFS Rivals

Message 2 of 6 (522 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @craigbiller2 can I ask on what platform are you playing?

If on PC, can you grab us a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system for any issues: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 6 (467 Views)

★★★ Novice

this is on xbox one

Message 4 of 6 (450 Views)

Community Manager

In a situation such as this @craigbiller2, the first thing to do is ensure that your console and game are fully up to date.

If that makes no difference then clearing the cache and powercycling your console is next.

You can do this easily enough by following the steps below:

1. Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xbox until it turns off completely.
  2. Unplug the power cable from your console and then press and hold the power button on the Xbox a number of times to clear the cache.
  3. Plug your power cable back in and turn your Xbox back on.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 6 (382 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have done everything short of doing a full factory reset on my console and the game still continues to crash. I am an xbox insider so i know my console is always up to date. There have been no updates for the game. I was also recently informed by EA support that they no longer support this game either which to my knowledge also means no further updates. i only just installed the game 2 days ago. (hard copy) so if there was an update for the game it would have installed along with the game.

it loads up to the point for me to interact by "press A to start" then it loads save data, connects to ea servers, and when it gets to finding a game to join it just hard crashes back to dashboard. it does this multiple times and then i finally get in game and most times it hard crashes back to dashboard in the middle of an event or something else. i have lost out on a LOT of progress due to this issue.

Message 6 of 6 (359 Views)