Re: Your update could not be completed Helppppp

by apwbee

Original Post

Your update could not be completed Helppppp

★★★ Novice

Always get the ''Your update could not be completed. Please download and install the latest version of Origin from http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/originsetup.exe ' message when trying to run origins. I've tried disabling firewall/antivirus etc but nothing works. Please help!!

Tried manual uninstall  

Message 1 of 7 (791 Views)

Community Manager

@HairySausageYT  Hi, 

First off, please download the Origin installation file from here: https://www.origin.com/download

Next, please navigate to your download folder and right click the "OriginThinSetup.exe" file and choose "Run As Administrator".

If that still does not work, and the installation fails, please follow the below steps in exact order. You mentioned, you already did some of them before but the order is very important so please attempt the whole of them once more:

1. Manually uninstall Origin.
  2. Run CCleaner.
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot.
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify.
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with administrator rights.
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports.
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator.

Let us know how you get on afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 7 (774 Views)

★★★ Novice

i tried this 2 times

Just give me the lastest origin files!!!!

Message 3 of 7 (771 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@HairySausageYT Hi,

If you have taken all the steps already without success, please create an Origin Error Report and post its ID in here as highlighted in red below:

1. Locate your Origin installation directory (probably C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin).
  2. Run OriginER.exe.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

You will see three screens as shown below. 

1. For type of error select "Downloading Games"
  2. For the description of the problem, please include a brief description (copy/paste of your first post should do) and include a link to your forum post.
  3. Check the box to share diagnostic information and click on "Send Report"
  4. The error reporter will show the second screenshot from below and will then show the third screenshot when finished. On the third one mark and choose to copy (or write down) the Error Report ID text string (bolded) and post it here.

With this ID we will be able to take a closer look at what exactly has been going on. Thank you very much for taking a look in advance.

OER_tool.png

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 7 (768 Views)

★★★ Novice

I cant open the ORIGIN 

just give the lastest origin files!!!!!!

Message 5 of 7 (765 Views)

Community Manager

@HairySausageYT I have updated the steps above, please check once more how you can create the OER.

Message 6 of 7 (762 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I dont have the OriginER file in my origin directory.

Message 7 of 7 (518 Views)