You Must Be Online When Logging In For The First Time

by aaronhatton

Original Post

Re: You Must Be Online When Logging In For The First Time

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

To expand on what frambinni posted above...and why that works.

Origin creates a secure tunnel to the login server using a standard HTTPS request on port 443. This is similar to any website that uses a secure (SSL) connection.

If you are running security software, Windows Firewall or an aggressive router that is actively blocking non-browser applications from using SSL/port 443, you will get this error.

Here's a quick way to check if your port is blocked:

1. Go to a site like http://www.ipchicken.com/ or whatismyip.com to get your external IP address.

2. Copy that IP address and enter it here:http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

3. Enter 443 in the port number field and click the Check button.

This will tell you if your local machine or network is blocking secure traffic.

Message 11 of 96 (22,419 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much, dude!

It was only you, who helped me for last 4 days.

Message 12 of 96 (9,570 Views)

★★ Novice

it says port 443 is closed on my IP, what should i do?i don't have any security software on my pc 

Message 13 of 96 (9,555 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same as herbert...
EA needs to sort their crap out. Steam doesn't have anywhere near this level of issues.

Message 14 of 96 (9,555 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here

Disgraceful. Doubt I will buy from these muppets again. I have the same problem. Quite angry right now!

Message 15 of 96 (9,554 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here are the things i did to fix this problem:

1. Made sure my date and time on my computer was the correct time and date.

2. Right clicked on the origin icon on my desktop, went to properties then clicked the compatibility tab made sure "run as administer" was checked then checked "run this program in compatibility mode for:" then selected windows XP(Service Pack 2).

3. After i did all that i clicked apply, then restarted origin.

It worked!
Im Running on windows 7, so that part where i say run as windows XP(Service pack 2) it works even if your not running windows XP

Message 16 of 96 (9,531 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here are the things i did to fix this problem:

1. Made sure my date and time on my computer was the correct time and date.

2. Right clicked on the origin icon on my desktop, went to properties then clicked the compatibility tab made sure "run as administer" was checked then checked "run this program in compatibility mode for:" then selected windows XP(Service Pack 2).

3. After i did all that i clicked apply, then restarted origin.

It worked!

Im Running on windows 7, so that part where i say run as windows XP(Service pack 2) it works even if your not running windows XP

Message 17 of 96 (9,531 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, i experienced the same error message for two days. i tryed everything and nothing worked. i spoke to an E.A specalist in Ireland for 3 hours, i spoke to a specalist in America for 4 hours and neither of them could get it to work.

HOW I FIXED THIS ISSUE. Luckly my brother works in I.T and got a few colleagues to help him in fixing my problem. All they did was input Googles DNS in my machine and it solved the issue completely.

HOW TO DO THIS click Start - Control Panel - Network and Internet - Network and sharing center - change adapter setting - right click local area connection and select properties - double click internet protocol version 4 - select the circle that says use the following DNS server addresses - within the preferrered DNS server type in 8.8.8.8 - within the alternate DNS server type in 8.8.4.4 - click ok.

This will now have inputed Googles DNS into your machine and it is very simple to do. i am confident this will resolve any issue and it is pathetic that E.A "Specalists" could not resolve my problem.

Message 18 of 96 (9,523 Views)

★★★ Novice

I fricken love you frambinni!!!!

Message 19 of 96 (9,473 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This totally worked for me so there must be a better solution 

Message 20 of 96 (9,460 Views)