Re: You Must Be Online When Logging In For The First Time

by MLadyD7

Original Post

★ Novice

I have tried everything now!! (host files, old versions, time and date, port forwarding, uninstalling, reinstalling, run as admin, no anti virus/fire wall etc...) and I still get this error massage in a offline mode.

all I want to do is play a game I paid £49 for. what else can I do?

Message 41 of 96 (10,456 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

Have you checked the ports? 

Some of the things that can get between Origin and the internet can be:

• Firewalls and Internet Security Software: Make sure that you’ve added the Origin client as an exception to any Firewalls or other Internet Security Software, like Ad-Block, you may have running so that your connection to our servers isn’t blocked.
  • Your software may even have some internet ports blocked. If so, the following are used by the Origin client and must be open for a smooth connection:
    • TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
    • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

https://help.ea.com/article/connection-issues-with-origin#1

Also check your addon's/extensions/plugin's  I know my Norton added a new plugin and didn't bother to let me know... as software usually does ... I disabled it and all was well again.

I'd disable anything I could & start working backwards to rule out what may be blocking it, something surely is...

Good Luck!

---------------------------。 ◕‿◕。------------------
    ►►► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped! ◄◄◄

Message 42 of 96 (23,317 Views)

★★ Novice

Do you know where I can unblock these ports because i alreday deleted my antivirus but I still can't connect?

Message 43 of 96 (10,440 Views)

★★ Novice

I would like to point something out, when I downloaded origin on a different computer I got a lot of pop ups telling me to allow access to origin and I said yes and origin worked, but on this computer there were no pop ups and therefore origin never got permission to work so I still can't connect online, so if we enabled pop ups or activated them manually origin would work I just don't know how to activate them.

Message 44 of 96 (10,421 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Going to Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Advanced --> Reset,    solved my problem.  I hope this helps some of you.  Good luck.

Thank you to:  dirtbikebrewin

Message 45 of 96 (10,392 Views)

★★ Novice

Guys, i found a fix that worked for me if none of the others worked for you, just type in firewall in start and find "allow app through firewall" click on it and click add app, then browse through your files and find origin app (not the installer) okay, hope it works good luck.

Message 46 of 96 (23,054 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OMG!!!!!!! IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!! Confusedmileylol: I have been up and down this site looking for solutions trying every single one, down loading files deleting files. Then after all that for 3 days of searching and trying all this riff raff! It was a simple change time and date and it worked instantly THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! 

Message 47 of 96 (10,019 Views)

★ Novice

And then whant i need to do my port is blocked!

Message 48 of 96 (7,845 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi bro i followed your structure and i clicked on origin app but  now its updating and i will check it after updating my app then i will tell you what happen ok bro 

Message 49 of 96 (6,638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what

Message 50 of 96 (6,454 Views)