Re: Yet another Sims 2 Ultimate Collection complaint...

by Lillibulero

Original Post

Yet another Sims 2 Ultimate Collection complaint...

★★★ Newbie

Lots of these about, there really seem to be issues with this game!

Mine is not loading. At all. At first I would click the icon/play button and nothing would happen. At all. Literally nothing. No dialogue box, no loading screen, no change whatsoever.

I went back onto Origin and tried 'repair' to verify the game files were complete. They were.

Then I ran a compatibility troubleshoot. This did nothing either, but after that (the settings were changed to XP) when I clicked the icon a dialogue box would pop up asking for permission to make changes to my harddrive, but that was the only difference, after permission was given, nothing would happen again.

I've seen some people suggest it's slow loading times, so I tried leaving my computer for 10 minutes after trying to open. Nothing.

I'm really quite cross about the number of complaints I've seen about this! I feel so bad for everybody who wants to play the game but can't!

The only thing left I can think of is that it's an issue with Origin itself, as I saw some posts suggesting some other games were having loading issues as well? Anybody able to confirm or deny that?

Or, in fact, anybody have any more ideas for things to try?

Thank you,

Lil

Message 1 of 4 (936 Views)

★★ Novice

This same thing is happening to me.

I recently did a Windows Reformat, but before that I downloaded the game, installed it, and it worked just fine!

After the reformat, I reinstalled all my Sims 3 games, The Sims 2 UC, and The Sims 4 Demo.. 

Anyways... I downloaded some CC for the Sims 2.. and when it didn't load up, I thought that was the problem. Ended up removing the cc and still (I went to task manager and watched the Sims 2 in the Processes tab), and it started up for a little bit and then it disappeared. So, then I thought maybe it's my graphics card drivers because I updated to the very most recent one which was July 16th, or something like that.. 

Uninstalled and reinstalled the next drivers below that and those were in June, or April, I believe.

Anyways.. that didn't work. UNinstalled the Sims 2 UC and reinstalled it.. and Kept the CC out of the folder

and it's STILL loading in the Task manager.. and then disappears after about 38,000KBS.

The game does not even pop-up, I don't get to a loading screen, or even to the neighborhood view. NOTHING pops up..

and it makes no sense to me because it was working before the reformat.

I am on Windows 7

I have tried the DEP thing. as well.

I've even tried the right clicking on the icon and updating. But it says my Sims 2 UC is updated. 

Sorry you're having so much trouble, Lilli.. and sorry to high-jack your thread. But just wanted to post what I was experiencing the same thing as you.  (No loading screen at all).

Message 2 of 4 (907 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just installed the update on WinXP, and it didn't solve the problems for me, either.

Message 3 of 4 (904 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No problem, to be honest the more people sharing their issues, the more likely something will be done about it so feel free to hijack my thread :P So sad everybody is having so many issues, I was SO looking forward to playing this tonight Frown

Message 4 of 4 (873 Views)