YOUR CHAT FUNCTION IS BROKEN!!!!!!!

by Darth-Dolittle

Original Post

YOUR CHAT FUNCTION IS BROKEN!!!!!!!

★★★ Novice

I'M SITTING HERE ON YOUR CHAT FUNCTION FOR OVER 1/2 HOUR.. !

If you're going to have a CHAT function.. it should be ANSWERED in a timely manner!  

I suppose I'll have to take my case up with the method I paid for the game with -  your AUTO functions are NO HELP!

Message 1 of 5 (320 Views)

Re: YOUR CHAT FUNCTION IS BROKEN!!!!!!!

Community Manager

@Darth-Dolittle

It is possible there is some wait time to contact an Advisor via Live Chat. Do you see any error message, what leads you to believe it is broken? Apologies if the time to contact an Advisor is not correct.

barry.png
Message 2 of 5 (301 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem.

I tried different browsers, different PCs, even VPN, still no conection. Stuck on "Please wait while we connect you to an EA Game Advisor." for hours. Only in "my cases " menu a lot of notifications "Your chat case is still loading. Please check back soon." from past attempts, even after those which I did yesterday.

The longest I've been waiting for 5 hours before I left.

Message 3 of 5 (299 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry wrote:

@Darth-Dolittle

It is possible there is some wait time to contact an Advisor via Live Chat. Do you see any error message, what leads you to believe it is broken? Apologies if the time to contact an Advisor is not correct.

There were no ERROR messages -  Just the blank CHAT screen with a message that I'll be connected..   (Wait time 10 minutes)..  then it went to (4 minutes)..  (2 minutes)...  then back up to (10 minutes)..    over the course of about 30 minutes...     Not as a 'count down'  but only after a screen refresh..  The system did take the text from my CHAT request and offered a link to 'REQUEST A REFUND'  -  I kept the CHAT open..  went to that link...   and  received this LONG and LENGTHY   explaination of WHEN I could REFUND something I purchased... 

Only to see a message at the bottom,  'you have no refundable products'  -   

I haven't YET received the package of the new Game I paid 'OVER $100 for'  -     But I find out now that my request for pre-purchase  way back in February   didn't need to happen.. I could have WAITED...  Joined your.. $10 a month game program... and   TRIED THE GAME OUT  before PURCHASING..      At this time I want a REFUND of my funds...  I may or may not  try the game before buying..  as I see no BENEFIT of the PRE-PURCHASE... 

And when I mentioned this in the forums... someone told me I was wrong!  -   that  anyone who 'pRE-PURCHASED'  the game wouldn't get to SEE it or PLAY it before anyone else.. which isn't what I expected.

I don't care about your CHAT function...  the other message was that 'Someone will call you in 30 minutes'...      Your systems need a lot of work.

I'm not some kid...

Message 4 of 5 (285 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, problem was on my side. I tried android and Google Chrome and the connection happened almost instantly.
So you may try that.

Message 5 of 5 (266 Views)