Xbox gamertag is potentially linked to an EA account that do not have access to

by stoogemcduck33

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox gamertag is potentially linked to an EA account that do not have access to

★★ Novice

I am having an infuriating experience with trying to link my Xbox account to my EA account. I've looked into some forums that were not very helpful, tried uninstalling and restalling, changing passwords, everything I can think of, but I get nothing but errors.

Using a round about way of trying to link the accounts using the find friends function in EA Desktop, apparently my gamertag is linked to another EA account. I have a feeling that it might be linked to an EA account that uses an email that I deactivated a long time ago and cannot log in to anymore.

For referemce, my gamertag is the similar as my EA username: Stooge McDuck33

Message 1 of 2 (265 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox gamertag is potentially linked to an EA account that do not have access

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @stoogemcduck33 In this case, you are going to have to contact our EA help support, so we can further look into this for you.

How to contact EA Help for support

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (233 Views)

All Replies

Re: Xbox gamertag is potentially linked to an EA account that do not have access

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @stoogemcduck33 In this case, you are going to have to contact our EA help support, so we can further look into this for you.

How to contact EA Help for support

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 2 (234 Views)