Re: Xbox game pass account unlink and re-link

by EA_QueenBee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox game pass account unlink and re-link

★★ Novice

I just purchased a new EE sim card , one of the perks of that is it comes with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. All good and great , logged in and downloaded a few games. When i tried to download an EA game from the Xbox Game Pass it asked me to link the account , which i did but i hadn't realised that this was the wrong xbox account. 

No problem ,  EA website makes it easy to unlink it , so i unlinked the wrong account and then i tried to link the correct game pass account only to be told that EA can only be linked with 1 account in it's lifetime. 

So i thought to myself , that's annoying , let me try to raise a ticket.

From this point forward is where i spent 8 unfruitful hours attempting to resolve the issue with EA support and the frustration levels kept going up and up.

1. Responding to replies to the ticket from the website is hit and miss as the emailing option appears whenever it wants and it's not consistent. 

2. Live chat simply doesn't work as the pop up window never comes even after trying to Firefox , Chrome , Opera , Edge , Internet Explorer , Waterfox. After looking through the forum this is a problem going back to 2014..

3. The 8 reps that have replied to my ticket are either incompetent or lack the tools to be efficient.

4. After telling them all my details that they requested and explained what i needed to do they just replied "You need to call EA Help and speak with them because we cannot find you on the system or something to that effect.

Can a community manager pick this up and forward it to somebody that actually is in a position to help. I work as a software engineer/customer service and this is by far the worst customer service experience and system i have seen in my life.

Message 1 of 6 (432 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Hello QueenBee. Twitter and Facebook never came back to me so I called and was able to sort out the issue of switching the xbox account.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (361 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hey @PH69DEX,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had an issue with our live support teams. Have you tried reaching out to our social team on Twitter to see if they can help?

https://twitter.com/EAHelp

We can't really help with account issues here on the forums, but you might have better luck reaching out to them.

EA_QueenBeeAHQ.png

Wees aardig voor elkaar | Be kind to each other
Message 2 of 6 (388 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Queen Bee, i don't use Twitter. How about Facebook ?

Message 3 of 6 (383 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@PH69DEX 

I had to do a quick search, but it looks like we have a Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/EAHelpHub

I had to do a quick search because I've never actually pointed someone in that direction before. Good to know it's an extra option we have. Hopefully they'll be able to give you the help you need.

EA_QueenBeeAHQ.png

Message 4 of 6 (378 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello QueenBee. Twitter and Facebook never came back to me so I called and was able to sort out the issue of switching the xbox account.

Message 5 of 6 (362 Views)

Community Manager
@PH69DEX,

Happy days! I'm glad you managed to get it sorted after all that. Thank you for letting me know!

EA_QueenBeeAHQ.png

Message 6 of 6 (355 Views)