Xbox acount is linked to family members EA account and need it switched.

by RoTorKid117

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox acount is linked to family members EA account and need it switched.

★★★ Novice

Hey so my Xbox account has always been linked to my fathers account but now I would like to have it transferred to my own EA account, + I have preordered anthem and have 3 VIP codes I would like to give out to some friends but I cant because I share an EA account with my father. I have tried numerous times to somehow get if transferred but all attempts have failed. Now I am wondering if somehow you guys at EA can transfer my account linked Xbox account to my own account (the one this post is being made on) that does not have my Xbox account linked to it.

Message 1 of 5 (676 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox acount is linked to family members EA account and need it switched.

Community Manager

Hey @RoTorKid117  if your account is already linked then unlinking it would result in you losing all progress, unlocks, etc in all EA games linked to your persona.

If it is something you want to do still then you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further.  You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (611 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @RoTorKid117  if your account is already linked then unlinking it would result in you losing all progress, unlocks, etc in all EA games linked to your persona.

If it is something you want to do still then you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further.  You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (612 Views)

★★★ Novice

Would it still result in loss of progress if my fathers account is also connected to that same account and I talked to a ea live chat advisor and  he said it would be impossible to remove a linked account from an ea account.

Message 3 of 5 (603 Views)

Community Manager

If you remove any account then all progress, unlocks and in-game items will be lost @RoTorKid117 .

If our live support has said that it is not possible to unlink the persona then it will not be possible to do so.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (582 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko how can I unlink from my family
Message 5 of 5 (529 Views)