Xbox account linked to random EA account

by AndreZeGiantx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox account linked to random EA account

★★★★★ Newbie

I have been trying to link my Xbox and EA account, but each time I try to link them the 2-factor question portion gives an email and phone numbers of an account I have no clue about. I have requested help from EA 4 times and each time they require me to prove that I own the EA account that my account is linked to. But, since I do not know that account or whose it is, they just cancel the request.

This is a huge security flaw. I have access to both my Xbox account and EA account which neither show my account is linked. But, when I try the EA system says it is and that random account will forever have my account linked to it as they won't remove it unless I provide information regarding it.

Is there ANY other way to get support on this as each time I request to explain this to a manager the chat support just gets upset and closes the request.

Again, I think this is a huge security flaw as a random person now has access to my Xbox account.

Message 1 of 7 (1,138 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox account linked to random EA account

Community Manager
Hi @AndreZeGiantx,

Sorry to hear the frustrations, to ensure we're speaking to the authorized account holder for any issues related to your account you'll need to speak with an advisor at http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us for assistance. 

For security purposes, if you cannot verify your ownership of the account we cannot assist you with changing information on that account.
EACade

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (1,116 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

I have also reached out to Microsoft (which is a 10x more helpful and understanding chat support than EA) and they also do not see an EA account attached to my account so this is entirely on EAs end and are basically holding and allowing someone else to have access to my Xbox account.

Message 2 of 7 (1,135 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @AndreZeGiantx,

Sorry to hear the frustrations, to ensure we're speaking to the authorized account holder for any issues related to your account you'll need to speak with an advisor at http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us for assistance. 

For security purposes, if you cannot verify your ownership of the account we cannot assist you with changing information on that account.
EACade
Message 3 of 7 (1,117 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

But that's where the issue arises. If my Xbox account is linked to someone else account, that I do not know, or possible that my Microsoft account was hacked and the hacker attaches the account. They will forever have it, no? I will never be able to prove that I own that account. I can gladly prove my Microsoft account and my EA account, but that is a flaw.

I have talked to them four times and they aren't able to do anything since they can't remove the account unless I prove that I own it. Which they are right, I don't own the EA account my Xbox account is linked to, but then what? I forever am not able to link these accounts and the hacker gets to keep it and use my paid subscriptions?

Message 4 of 7 (1,110 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I will gladly move this into DMs or email forms, but I would really like to get someone above the Customer Support in chat. An email or anything else would be incredibly helpful instead of them just closing the request and not understanding the issue.

Message 5 of 7 (1,081 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Still no word on any fix for this. As of now, EA is just accepting a random person to own my Microsoft account from their false security controls.

Message 6 of 7 (929 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @AndreZeGiantx if you are unable to verify account ownership then I'm sorry to say but there is nothing that we can do to assist you with this on AHQ.

I'm going to lock this thread as no one at EA can assist you in relation to an account issue where you are unable to verify that you are the account owner.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (912 Views)