Xbox account linked to deleted account, no way to unlink

by mattvds

Original Post

Re: Xbox account linked to deleted account, no way to unlink

★★★ Newbie

Same situation here with a deleted EA account linked to my Gamertag. Tried contacting EA, to be told that I must have received and approved a disclaimer before the account was deleted (Complete BS, disclaimer never received). I have no recollection of this deleted account at all.

I have been told that recovery/unlinking is impossible. As with everyone else in this chain, I am frustrated with the lack of support by EA.

Message 51 of 312 (869 Views)

Re: Gamertag Linked to Deleted EA Account

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko "There is no other way that you can speak with our support." two posts later "You will need to speak with our live support" do they just give you a list of cascading lies when you join?
Message 52 of 312 (856 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It is that easy, EA doesn't employ anyone capable of doing something that simple though.

Message 53 of 312 (856 Views)

★ Novice

Well according to this thread my friend seems screwed too, has exactly the same issue, gamertag linked to a deleted account... and it doesn't seem to be linked to any of the email he uses.

Message 54 of 312 (832 Views)

EA FIFA Team

@dustinfineout Hey now, be nice.

@killerway Do you know if he put in a request for deleting the account? I just checked and you are given a disclaimer stating that you cannot link your console account to a different EA account once the account has been deleted, which you have to agree with before the account can be deleted. 

I want to make sure to get as much accurate information as we can. 

Jason.png
Message 55 of 312 (735 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Jason Hi, my friend apparently created a SWTOR account way back at release, from what he was saying it was automatically deleted after we decided to stop playing. Somehow the xbox account was linked to that deleted account. Even though the email he was using was the same for a separate xbox and EA account currently. I guess the problem is resolved but he had to remember the game he played a decade ago.

Message 56 of 312 (699 Views)

EA FIFA Team

Yeah that makes sense, I see it often that people linked their accounts ages ago and forgot the login details. 

You're saying that the problem was resolved, did he find his account and was he able to reset the password and log in again?

Jason.png
Message 57 of 312 (1,213 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm facing the same issue as most people else. I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for PC and can't log in to EA Desktop with the associated XBL Gamertag.

Somehow my original XBL gamertag email (hotmail.com associated) was linked to an EA Account that is now deleted (so the EA support told me) and all the password reset emails do not work because my hotmail was migrated to @outlook.com.

I always thought I had just one origin account at least since 2013 b/c it has BF4 on it with hundreds of hours so I don't know how the other was created/deleted.

If I could just blow away the deleted account and all data associated with it I would because there shouldn't be anything of value on it.

@EA_Jason You've been super helpful. I hope this issue gets resolved because there seem to be hundreds of people this is happening to.

Message 58 of 312 (1,149 Views)

★★★ Novice

Another person in the long line of people with issues.

Also contacted multiple support agents only to be told there’s nothing that can be done.

The weird thing is, I looked up how to delete an account and you can’t just do it yourself. So how the hell have I created, linked to my gamer tag and then deleted some random EA Account that isn’t the actual account I’ve been using since 2013?!

My email address for both my EA Account and Xbox Accounts are the same. There is no reason an extra EA Account could have been created.

I was up all night making myself sick over this. I knew it was an issue, but I just thought the system was making me reset my password for my existing account each time and was able to continue (I haven’t been playing any EA games online).

Then last night went to go and play It Takes Two, only to find this is actually a serious issue as the game is now unplayable, and the support for EA Games is an absolute joke.

I offered other ways to verify who I am and they said there’s nothing I can do and just to keep trying random emails.

There needs to be a way to unlink GamerTags without accessing deleted EA Accounts. It shouldn’t come down to being an issue of security, if I’m able to access my GamerTag, that should be verification enough that it belongs to me.

Please get this escalated to be resolved, the Support currently being received is really not good enough. Look at all the people stuck in the same boat Frown

Message 59 of 312 (1,115 Views)

Re: Gamertag Linked to Deleted EA Account

★★★ Newbie

Having the exact same problem. I'm fairly sure I know the email that is attached to the deleted account as well. But it is over 10 years old and is not accessible anymore. I've contacted support multiple times and have essentially been told to kick rocks. It is fairly ridiculous that they are unable to do an administrative unlinking operation on an account that was marked as deleted in the first place. Games are literally unplayable through Gamepass. I'm surprised this has been a problem for so long with no resolution. Very disappointing. 

Message 60 of 312 (1,073 Views)
Twitter Stream