Xbox account linked to deleted account, no way to unlink

by mattvds

Original Post

Re: Unlinking my Game Pass account from a deleted EA account that isn't mine

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Slumerican716 Is correct, I don’t know how you got EA Support to accept a PDF from Microsoft and then everything was sorted out. Everyone else on here was told that they needed to know the email they used 15+ years ago, or else provide a credit card number of a purchase made on the old account. NO ONE has information that old, which is why NO OTHER COMPANY still in business works this way when linking/unlinking accounts.

If you have a KM article or some reference from Microsoft and EA on how they handled this for you then please share. Otherwise we need the Community Managers @EA_Jason  here to take action and get the EA support team on the same page.

Message 41 of 358 (1,652 Views)

Re: Xbox account linked to deleted account, no way to unlink

★★ Novice
@mattvds Same problem here, same issues...they really don't care about it. How can a deleted account have a linked xbox, that stupid but ok its EA. Hope they will fix that issue...
Message 42 of 358 (1,581 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hey everyone,

Don't think that I forgot about you: I have been reading all your replies, checked out all your cases/examples, and I have been sharing your experiences with our internal teams.

This is a tough situation as I can't provide the support that you need through the forums and all account related questions have to go through our live support teams through phone/chat.

I just wanted to let you know that it doesn't end here, I am in touch with some of our teams to see what we can do to help. I can't promise that it will be resolved or resolved soon, but your feedback is heard and I'll do what I can to help. 

For now, if you have any similar experiences, please post them here to let me know. I will provide updates as soon as I get them. 

Jason.png
Message 43 of 358 (1,520 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Jason I appreciate the sincere reply. I hope that your team can come up with a solution to this, and allow users to unlink their Xbox gamer tags from deleted accounts they no longer have access to (email, EA ID, etc.). I attempted to contact Xbox support on this and they were unable to assist from their end.

When a solution is developed I hope the EA support teams are briefed on it so we can get these issues resolved. At the end of the day we all just want to play Battlefield 2042 and other online games on our favorite console.

Message 44 of 358 (1,510 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm in the same situation. Incredibly frustrating. 

Message 45 of 358 (1,458 Views)

★ Novice

Hey,

Experiencing the same issue as many in the thread. My PSN is linked with an EA account that has since been deleted from an email that has since been deleted. I've purchased Madden 22 and support even says they can't refund me without access to the original EA account. Just want to echo that, despite being a niche issue, this is a problem that reallyyy needs to be addressed ASAP.

Thanks.

Message 46 of 358 (1,413 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've been advised to post a reply here, I'm facing the same issue:

- a (possibly) VERY long time ago I created an EA account and linked my PSN Id to it

- for some reason, I deleted that account (I think)

- I've created a new EA account (not knowing I already have one)

- since my original EA account is deleted (and god knows what email address I've used for it), I cannot unlink my PSN Id

- basically, I can't play ANY EA games using my PSN Id because it's linked to a now-deleted EA account

I assumed this would be a rather easy fix, as I was thinking this is something like a database issue where you just delete the link between the 2 accounts.

As I've been told by both Sony and EA, this cannot be fixed, so it would seem I'm unable to use my PSN ID anymore until the end of days.

Message 47 of 358 (1,696 Views)

Re: Gamertag Linked to Deleted EA Account

★★★ Novice
@AgentKnese Unfortunately for you me and everyone else on this forum. EA doesn't care to come up with an alternate resolution to this issue. They simply won't care until enough of us stop buying their games. I've not purchased an EA game for over a year now because of this issue.
Message 48 of 358 (1,667 Views)

Re: Gamertag Linked to Deleted EA Account

★ Apprentice

And I've even reached out to the better business bureau to report that they refuse to do anything about this matter but their response back was they tried to reach out to me to fix the problem never received anything but a survey but it's not just one or two of us having the same issue there's a lot of us definitely won't be buying any ea games anymore they don't care about us they just want their money

@NathanBeatz wrote:
@AgentKneseUnfortunately for you me and everyone else on this forum. EA doesn't care to come up with an alternate resolution to this issue. They simply won't care until enough of us stop buying their games. I've not purchased an EA game for over a year now because of this issue.

@NathanBeatz wrote:
@AgentKneseUnfortunately for you me and everyone else on this forum. EA doesn't care to come up with an alternate resolution to this issue. They simply won't care until enough of us stop buying their games. I've not purchased an EA game for over a year now because of this issue.

Message 49 of 358 (1,655 Views)

★★ Novice

Just wanting to add that I’m in same boat as everyone else here, tried contacting both PSN and EA and even my old email provider but just no luck. It’s just very frustrating this whole process

Message 50 of 358 (1,561 Views)