Xbox account linked to deleted account, no way to unlink

by mattvds

Original Post

Re: Xbox account linked to deleted account, no way to unlink

★★★ Newbie
@ozzexmachina so I just did some poking around and testing ( I figure I can't make it any worse right) it uses whatever email is associated with your xbox account, if you changed what email it is, it seems to go to the original. fortunately I was able to just sort of guess at the password for this old email until I got the right one. unfortunately I now have two active ea accounts,
Message 21 of 358 (2,209 Views)

Re: Xbox account linked to deleted account, no way to unlink

★★ Novice

Would it be possible to elevate this issue? It should be possible for EA support to disconnect an (in my case deleted) EA account from an Xbox live account.

Currently I’m unable to play any EA game until I recover access to a gmail account that I’ve last used 11 years ago.

Message 22 of 358 (2,164 Views)

Unlinking my Game Pass account from a deleted EA account that isn't mine

★★★★ Novice

With the Battlefield 2042 beta going up today, I finally decided to link my Game Pass Ultimate account to my EA account so I could play it early via EA Play. After an hour of issues and an hour with absolutely the worst support rep I've ever had the misfortune in talking to, I learnt that the reason I can't link them is that my Xbox account is linked to an EA account that's been deleted. Worse, I'm almost certain it's not my account it's linked to. I have absolutely no idea whose it is but unless I provide information I don't have to restore an account that is not mine, I'm locked out from using the EA Play that I pay for through Game Pass Ultimate.

So, basically, what the hell do I do to get my Xbox account linked to my EA account? Or at the very least, access to the service that I pay for? Support absolutely refuses to help, is there a community manager or somebody I can message about this instead?

Message 23 of 358 (2,090 Views)

Re: Unlinking my Game Pass account from a deleted EA account that isn't mine

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @SecretlyAZombie,

To unlink your Xbox account from the EA account, you will have to sign into the EA account and unlink it. 

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/unlink-gaming-accounts-from-ea-account/

Now the problem is that you think that the EA account linked to your Xbox account isn't yours and that it has been deleted, and that's not something that we can help with through the forums. Any account related issues have to go through our support teams. 

Is there a chance that you can reach out to our support team again?

Jason.png
Message 24 of 358 (2,044 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm in almost the exact same situation. I have Game Pass Ultimate and wanted to connect my MS and EA account, but it's not working. EA has been handling this situation HORRIBLY.

My xbox account seems to be linked to a deleted EA account which I had no idea that I ever had.

When trying to restore password to the deleted EA account, I'm not receiving any "password restoration" email, no matter how much I try to reset it (it's my email and I have access to it).

I had a chat with EA who only told me to try again, and again, and again and there's nothing else they can do.

I've spent hours and hours troubleshooting this and now EA has "Fixed" and "Resolved" both of my cases, also deleting the chat conversation on the last case.

Then they completely disabled the chat feature for me, even if I try to create a new case (I know it's working, since I asked my friends to see if they can start a chat, and they can).

My country has no phone service, so the only thing I'm left with now is to do this over email, which can take up to 72 hours per email.

Absolutely horrible service by EA.

Message 25 of 358 (2,039 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Jason I'll message them again but I was told in no uncertain terms that the only thing I could do about it was to try putting in completely random email addresses in the hopes that I would stumble upon the correct one and that the owner would restore it, thereby allowing it to be unlinked. No, I'm not kidding, that was literally what was suggested to me.

Does EA have a tier 2 support team I can contact or is the only option the abysmal tier 1 team?
Message 26 of 358 (2,259 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

As you mentioned that the Xbox account has been linked to a deleted EA account, could you let me know if you at one point deleted an EA account?

Jason.png
Message 27 of 358 (2,093 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Jason I did not, the only two accounts I own are my main account and one I accidentally made for SWTOR when that released, both of which I can still log in to fine. I don't remember making a third account at any point, much less linking my Xbox account to it and subsequently deleting it.
Message 28 of 358 (2,086 Views)

Re: Gamertag Linked to Deleted EA Account

★ Apprentice

I've already reported them to the bbb this is unacceptable

Message 29 of 358 (2,059 Views)

Re: Gamertag Linked to Deleted EA Account

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

We need everyone to report them to the bbb can't play a single ea game and they can't unlink a deleted ea account

Message 30 of 358 (2,057 Views)