Re: Xbox account linked to deleted account, no way to unlink

by DirtyKillThief

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

It's been 11 days since I was told my case was been escalated, so I've tried again, chat transcript for anyone who it might be useful for:

{SUPPORT-AGENT} (30/04/2022, 11:13:06): Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is {SUPPORT-AGENT}, may I start with your first name please?
{ME} (30/04/2022, 11:13:18): Hello {SUPPORT-AGENT}, my name is {MY-NAME}
{SUPPORT-AGENT} (30/04/2022, 11:15:01): Hello {MY-NAME}, nice to meet you. How are you doing today?
{ME} (30/04/2022, 11:15:14): Good thank you, and you?
{SUPPORT-AGENT} (30/04/2022, 11:15:20): I am doing good as well, thank you for asking. Please let me know, how may I assist you with today?
{ME} (30/04/2022, 11:15:54): Glad to hear it. {SUPPORT-AGENT} I'm hoping you can help - it's been 11 days since another of your support agents escalated my case {PREVIOUS-CASE-NUMBER} to your superiors. I am waiting for them to contact me
{SUPPORT-AGENT} (30/04/2022, 11:18:17): Sorry to hear that. Please do accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused to you.
{ME} (30/04/2022, 11:18:30): As per my legal right under the General Data Protection Regulation I asked for my personal data to be removed for EA's systems. If nothing happens after 30 days as per the law I will be forced to report EA to my national data protection office who will then make an administrative request of data removal. If EA fails to comply with that request, they can be fined up to 20 million euros.
{SUPPORT-AGENT} (30/04/2022, 11:18:44): Let me check and help you with your EA Help case ID: {PREVIOUS-CASE-NUMBER}.
{ME} (30/04/2022, 11:19:32): I know from previous conversations with your live chat agents that this needs to be escalated and there's nothing you can do, please don't think I'm blaming you of anything personally {SUPPORT-AGENT}
{SUPPORT-AGENT} (30/04/2022, 11:22:26): Thank you for your patience. As I understand you want to exercise Right to be forgotten on your account, am I right?
{ME} (30/04/2022, 11:22:41): What I'm wishing for is for you to remove any record of my Xbox gamertag from your services.
{ME} (30/04/2022, 11:23:26): I'm entitled to have it erased under the GDPR article 17.
I was told by your colleague on issue {PREVIOUS-CASE-NUMBER} that my complaint had been escalated to your superiors and they would be in touch with me via email. however it has been 11 days since then
{SUPPORT-AGENT} (30/04/2022, 11:25:01): Alright! Thank you for letting me know. I do understand your concern, it must be frustrating. If I were in your position, I would feel the same.
{ME} (30/04/2022, 11:26:04): Thank you for understanding {SUPPORT-AGENT} - I know this is not your fault and appreciate your time helping me today
{SUPPORT-AGENT} (30/04/2022, 11:26:06): In this case, what best I can help you with is I will be re-escalating your case to our concerned team. They will look into your case and reach out to your once we have more updates.
{SUPPORT-AGENT} (30/04/2022, 11:26:22): You're welcome {MY-NAME}.
{SUPPORT-AGENT} (30/04/2022, 11:26:46): Also, please keep in your mind that you won’t need to re-open/resume that exact case number which is {THIS-CASE-NUMBER}, because this action will delete the case from the queue that I will send it to. You can also check your case status by logging into your EA account under Account->My cases on help.ea.com. If the status of the case is still "in progress" that means that are no updates yet.
{ME} (30/04/2022, 11:28:12): The XBox Gamertag in question is {MY-GAMERTAG}. I can provide any information requested to prove my ownership of it (I know of other people who you EA have sent a message to on the XBox platform to prove ownership).
Please do escalate this ticket, if you could pass along my email address?
{SUPPORT-AGENT} (30/04/2022, 11:29:05): Sure. Please share the email on which you want to get an email.
{ME} (30/04/2022, 11:29:07): I would like to insist that I am making a perfectly valid request and it would be against the laws of my country for EA to continue to ignore it and I will be forced to report EA to the relevant authorities.
{ME} (30/04/2022, 11:29:16): {MY-EMAIL-ADDRESS}
{SUPPORT-AGENT} (30/04/2022, 11:31:05): Thank you for the information. I will be re-escalating your case to our dedicated team once the chat ends. Before that, please do let me know, if is there anything else I can help you with?
{ME} (30/04/2022, 11:31:27): No thank you. Hope you have a great day. Thank you for helping me today
{SUPPORT-AGENT} : <Then said something else but immediately closed the chat so I didn't have time to read it/download an up-to-date transcript as the screen went blank>

I'm holding onto a glimmer of hope as it's 3 others now who have managed to escape the EA prison via this method. We shall see...

Message 291 of 358 (1,076 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Hope im doing this right but after having the same issue as everyone else and no luck i decided to try again to try to get my case escalated but the person actully fixed my account with out getting it escalated!! Here is the full convo if it helps anyone 

( 18m 24s ) EA: Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is [EA], may I start with your first name please?

( 18m 40s ) ME: Hi EA my name is [ME]

( 19m 56s ) EA: Hi [ME]! I hope youre having a good day. How may I help you today?

( 20m 7s ) ME: i'm doing alright how about yourself?

( 22m 2s ) EA: Im good too, thanks!

( 24m 13s ) EA: How may I help you today?

( 24m 32s ) ME: so ive been having this issue trying to link my account to my xbox account and haven't had much help with this issue so i'm requesting my case be escalated to have whatever account linked to my xbox account removed. or else ill be seeking legal action against EA if this issue cant be resolved

( 27m 24s ) EA: Are you looking up to link your Xbox account with your EA Account?

( 29m 23s ) ME: i am but ive connected EA and microsoft multiple times and have been told that nothing can be done short of making a new xbox account or finding the random email for the random account thats linked to my microsoft account

( 30m 11s ) EA: im sure you want to get the Xbox Account linked. I’ll do my best to help you to link the Xbox Account. What is your email address registered with EA, please?

( 30m 33s ) ME: my email is [My Email]

( 31m 39s ) ME: and thank you for the help i know none of this is your fault and i hope i'm not coming across as blaming you in any way just a frustrating series of events

( 32m 2s ) EA: Welcome!

( 32m 13s ) EA: I have sent a verification email, please check. The email has the subject line and Verify ownership of your EA Account and you may have received it in your inbox or spam inbox.

( 32m 33s ) ME: [Verify Code]

( 32m 52s ) EA: Thanks! The account is verified.

( 32m 59s ) EA: May I know the reason why you want a new link?

( 35m 1s ) ME: just recently bought i new xbox and signed into my account and tried to play battlefront 2 and it request i change my password ive done that and i guess its not linked to my xbox account. when i previously chatted with ea i was told my xbox account was linked to a deleted account and there was nothing that could be done besides making a new xbox account or finding a random email for the deleted account i have no idea about. ive been using the same emails for everything for years

( 35m 38s ) ME: so as it stands i cant play any EA games on my xbox due to not being able to sign in or link my account

( 36m 14s ) EA: Thanks for the update. There is a way that can help you to link another platform account with the same EA Account but once a year. Are you sure about it?

( 37m 42s ) ME: yes please i only use one EA account and one Xbox account

( 37m 49s ) EA: Thank you for the confirmation.

( 37m 55s ) EA: What is your Xbox Gamertag?

( 38m 6s ) ME: [My Xbox Acc]

( 39m 27s ) ME: if you can do this you will be a god in a TON of forms with people dealing with the same issue lol

( 41m 47s ) EA: Good news! A new link has been activated on your account. You can now link your Xbox Account with this EA Account.

Message 292 of 358 (995 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@DirtyKillThief Wow, you just speedran this ordeal. :D
Message 293 of 358 (951 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Welp, just add another disgruntled "customer" to the group!

Thanks for nothing EA.

Message 294 of 358 (857 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am having the same issue please let me know if anyone figures it out. I tried changing my Xbox Gamertag but that didn't help. I contacted ea twice but unfortunately, they won't help since I can't verify information from a decade ago. I don't understand why this issue is so complicated.  I have access to my Xbox account. I am not trying to log in, change or access any information from that old EA account. I simply want to unlink and link my Xbox account to my current EA account. Their policies have made it so a problem with a simple solution can't be resolved.

Message 295 of 358 (816 Views)

Re: Need Help Unlinking Xbox Account from DEAD EA Account

★★ Novice

Hey @miks88 unfortunately this didn't work for my Xbox account. please keep me posted if you have any other ideas

Message 296 of 358 (794 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

14 days since my original request (and the agent saying they will raise my GDPR request with the right team), 3 days since my follow up (and the agent saying he would re-escalate), I've received this email:

Hello,

Thanks for using EA Help. Your request has been resolved and we want to let you know how to find the solution again if you need it. You can review this case and your entire case history by logging into the My Cases page and looking under case number. <the-case-number>.

Regards,
The EA Customer Experience Team

It's not fixed. They've just closed the case...

Thanks EA Disappointed

Message 297 of 358 (641 Views)

★ Guide

So they closed the case but didn't actually process your request?

Message 298 of 358 (637 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@miks88 I've had nothing but that email - I looked at the case in the "my cases" and there's just the original live chat transcript and that it's marked as fixed.

It's not fixed. They've just closed the case...

Message 299 of 358 (638 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I tried it via a data removal request today. This is the answer that I got.

"As you know the Xbox is associated with the deleted EA account, and as I've checked feeling bad to say that here we can't fetch the deleted EA account email ID so the only way to help you with it is that you need to find or remember all the possible emails that might ever make and updated on the deleted account and reset the account password to get back into it by following the below link if you haven’t created a new account with the same email, as the data can't be removed until the account hasn't been recovered. Hope you will cooperate with the fact and provided information, please let me know is there anything else I may help you with today? https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/close-ea-account/"

So in order to have your data deleted, you must first recover your account which is impossible for all of us!

I also tried it via the "Mirror's Edge / old gen game" solution, but it didn't work for me (on Xbox) as my Gamertag is still connected to the deleted (and unrecoverable) EA account. Connecting it to a new EA account via the Mirror's Edge leaderboards login won't work.

Why isn't this issue getting any priority at EA?

Should be easy to fix and hundreds of people will be helped!

Message 300 of 358 (500 Views)