Re: Gamertag Linked to Deleted EA Account

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox account linked to deleted account, no way to unlink

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I had a long discussion with phone support, and they could not help, so they suggested posting to the forum.

I am trying to link my Xbox Account with my EA Origin account, but it is not allowing it due to an existing linking to another Origin Account.  However, the Origin account in question is no longer active, and I no longer have access to the email (it was my old work email, I no longer work there).

Here is what we tried and are still getting the same issues:

- Trying to log in with email and password.  Get an error that account login credentials have expired and need to reset password.

- Tried to sign in using my Xbox Account.  Get the same error that account login credentials have expired.

- Tried resetting password.  Doesn't work, as I don't have access to the email.

- Removed the linking on Microsoft's side by revoking access.  This doesn't make any difference, rep still saw the old account had it linked.  Repeated steps above same error.

So at this point I'm completely stuck.  The phone rep could find the old account, and saw it as "deleted" in the system with just a bunch of alpha numeric numbers instead of the email address.  It showed there was a linked Xbox account on that deleted account.

They couldn't re-instate the account without sending an email password reset.  They couldn't unlink the Xbox account from the deleted account because it was marked as deleted. Couldn't force linking on my current account.

So right now I'm completely stuck, with nothing that he could do unless I get access to my old work email, which I cannot do.  Can someone help me remove the linking from my "deactivated/deleted" EA account, so that I can link it to my correct account?

Message 1 of 358 (12,445 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox account linked to deleted account, no way to unlink

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread for the time being as at this point it is going around in circles.

I understand that you are frustrated and that you are looking for a fix, as soon as I have any additional info I will open the thread again and update you all.

Please do not create further threads for this issue as this can be considered spam.

Will accept this post as the solution for visibility. 

Darko  

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 358 of 358 (8,669 Views)

All Replies

Re: Xbox account linked to deleted account, no way to unlink

Community Manager

Sorry to say @mattvds but if our live support team was unable to assist then there is nothing that we can do to change that on AHQ as we are simply not able to assist with account related issues here.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 358 (12,409 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i have this issue, its a joke they cant solve this

Message 3 of 358 (12,447 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

You will need to speak with our live support in relation to issues such as this @gMRibcage.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 358 (12,422 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I did. Was told my Xbox gamer tag is linked to a deleted EA account. You guys don’t know what the email is. I don’t either. You guys also said you cannot remove the link and there is nothing you can do. Therefore I cannot play any EA Play games on my Xbox account. 

Message 5 of 358 (12,388 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to say @gMRibcage but if our live support team is unable to assist you then there is nothing that we can do to change this on AHQ.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 358 (12,358 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I’ve never seen a company that is this okay with customers never being able to use one of their products again. 

Message 7 of 358 (8,990 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Literally just did what the op complained about

Message 8 of 358 (8,921 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’ve been dealing with this the last several days as well. With Battlefield 2042 coming out this year every single returning Xbox user will not be able to play that game who has this issue.

This NEEDS to change or there will be thousands of people who cannot play on Xbox.

Message 9 of 358 (8,707 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue. They won't even tell me what email it is... How an EA account i have never used got connected to my Game Pass account is beyond me. 

Message 10 of 358 (8,656 Views)