Xbox account linked to an old EA account with email I no longer have access to

by epjfsa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox account linked to an old EA account with email I no longer have access to

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am trying to play Battlefield 1 on my Xbox, but it's forcing me to try to log in to an old EA account that I can't remember the last time I used (or even knew I had, I was probably a kid when I created it). There is no option in the game to log in to a different EA account. Unfortunately, this EA account is on an email address which I haven't had access to for probably 10 years because it was an old ISP email address, and I am no longer a customer of that ISP (nor even in the same state).

I need my xbox account to be associated with the actual EA account that I use. I already tried the customer service chat, but the only solution they offered me was to to somehow gain access to my old email. There is zero chance the ISP is going to humor my request to temporarily re-create that email address, so it seems that I'm currently stuck with a game I can't play, and no chance of ever playing EA games in the future. Is there really no solution? I'm not creating a new xbox live account just for this. 

Message 1 of 7 (4,929 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox account linked to an old EA account with email I no longer have access

★★ Novice

FYI there is no solution for this. Talked to two people, first said that I would have to somehow convince my old ISP (now in another state...) to give me access to my old email address. Second said the only solution was to make a new xbox gamertag. That worked, but I won't be buying EA games again. Ridiculous workaround. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (5,087 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

FYI there is no solution for this. Talked to two people, first said that I would have to somehow convince my old ISP (now in another state...) to give me access to my old email address. Second said the only solution was to make a new xbox gamertag. That worked, but I won't be buying EA games again. Ridiculous workaround. 

Message 2 of 7 (5,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @epjfsa

For security reasons (to maintain YOUR  account integrity), the support team cannot turn over account information or access to people who do not have access to the email address this account was registered to, so if you don't have the password or email access, the support team will need to verify your identity before helping you accessing your account again. 

If you followed this step, you would not have had a problem : to Add a Secondary Email to your EA Account    

A secondary email helps you reset your password if you’re locked out of your EA Account and primary email address.

1. Find the Secondary Email section of your EA Account Security tab
  2. Click Add Secondary Email
  3. Enter an email address different from the one registered to your EA Account.
  4. Log in to that email address and find the security code email sent from EA.
  5. Enter your security code in the EA Account settings verification window.

Mode details here https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-maintain-account-security/

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 3 of 7 (4,890 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this will not fix it as you need to know your security question and if its forgotten .. good luck in trying to get it back .... EA want you to spend more money buying a new account.

Same thing happened to me ... SImple answer is dont buy anymore EA games like myself

Message 4 of 7 (4,846 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exactly and yet I am buying them for pc with my new account. Its ridiculous the company took a whole year of my 5.00 payments without fail but never helped me even though I had photographic proof that psn and xbox had changed my email from previous account which was same email. I wish I could sue them for all that money back because shame on them and shame on the gaming companies not stepping up for us who use their stupid ea play account for xbox games! 

Message 5 of 7 (3,699 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is a pretty common issue to have no solution - forgotten account / hacked accounts - we don't have the login information.  EA needs to work with Xbox to allow unlinking of accounts from the Xbox side.

Message 6 of 7 (3,693 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @StaggerLee777, please do not bump older threads such as this.

I'm going to lock this thread as it is quite old.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (3,665 Views)