Re: XBOX link verification failure

by SudoDan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

XBOX link verification failure

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

When I login through the linked Xbox account, it throws an error

Your EA credentials have expired". So I follow that help article. Then it instructs me to reset the password, but I can't because my email address has long since been deleted by Hotmail (can't be reactivated) and thus I can't login to change my password. And it is a circular thing now.

The steps to recover the account include my IP address and game purchase from over a decade ago which I don't have access to. Any purchase receipts would be on that email and nowhere else..

Why can't I just verify from my linked phone number? That is the only thing I have record of since the last decade, the number has not changed.

This seems very straight forward. Call the number on my account and verify it's me, in addition to the XBOX login verification.

Otherwise, the only alternative is to make a new XBOX account and new EA account. 

Message 1 of 5 (440 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice
@EA_Mako Well that’s extremely disappointing lol. Looks like I’m stuck. Thanks for the replies!

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (407 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @SudoDan,

While you don't necessarily need to verify every piece of information requested to recover an account, much of what we're able to do will rely on the information you're providing matching what was registered when the account was first created.

You'll need to reach back out to our advisors to try and recover an account, as it's not something we can assist with in any capacity via the forums, I'm afraid. If they weren't able to verify enough of those pieces of info to update the account, sadly we wouldn't be able to offer any different options through the forums either.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 5 (422 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is it possible to unlink the Xbox account so I can use it with this new EA account? Will advisors be able to do that?

Message 3 of 5 (418 Views)

Community Manager
@SudoDan
Only if they can verify the account first. That's still making a change to the EA Account, so we'd need to make sure that's only happening at the request of the account owner before anything can be done.
Mako.png
Message 4 of 5 (412 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Mako Well that’s extremely disappointing lol. Looks like I’m stuck. Thanks for the replies!
Message 5 of 5 (408 Views)