Re: amRe: XBOX One Controller Not working

by EA_Kent

Original Post

XBOX One Controller Not working

★★★ Newbie

Don't use origin much, but just installed Burnout Paradise Remastered and it worked fine the first day, but now my Xbox One controller, connected via bluetooth, is not recognized.  Anyone seen this? Got it to work via wired connection briefly also, no luck.  Have tried uninstalling/reinstalling everything, shutting down antivirus, all other programs etc.

Message 1 of 6 (2,245 Views)

Re: XBOX One Controller Not working

Hero (Retired)

Have you tried unplugging and plugging in the usb that came with the controller? (I'm assuming it has one, even if it is wireless.) Also, here is some help from the xbox/microsoft site: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows-help Can you try some of the steps listed there (like reinstalling drivers) to see if that solves the issue. Is the xbox controller you bought for both xbox and pc?

Message 2 of 6 (2,227 Views)

amRe: XBOX One Controller Not working

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I got the same problem, It worked fine on my 1st go, now it dose not work at all.

I use xbox one controller but i use the offical dongel v2 for wireless

I finly got mine to work, I had to go to "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Criterion Games\Burnout Paradise Remastered\Save" Folder and remove the controller.txt then it fixed it.

Message 3 of 6 (2,184 Views)

Re: XBOX One Controller Not working

★★★ Novice

Is your problem solved, because I'm still having the same * issue?

Message 4 of 6 (2,095 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for this post. Deleting contols.ini from that folder fixed it for me!

What a strange bug...

Message 5 of 6 (699 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

Since this is a pretty old post that hasn't been active for a few years I am going to lock it to prevent further necro-posting. If you need some help with a similar issue, and the suggestions here aren't helping, please feel free to create a new thread. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (690 Views)