Wrong title on Origin confirmation website

by DeeBo-Origin

Original Post

Wrong title on Origin confirmation website

★★★ Novice

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong location and also that this isn't really a question, but I just happened to notice something when the Origin client asked me to confirm my email address. I clicked "Send Verification" and checked my email. Upon clicking the confirmation link, I was taken to a confirmation page which said I had verified my email address. This page's tab title is "Create Your Origin Profile", surely this is wrong? I was only verifying my email. I wondered if this was just because they used the same page for account creation and it was the same URL, however, the URL was /emailVerification. Again, not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but can somebody change that?

URL:

https://signin.ea.com/p/web/emailVerification?execution=e979075448s1

Tab title:

Create your Origin account.

--

Adam

Message 1 of 5 (295 Views)

Re: Wrong title on Origin confirmation website

★★★★★ Expert

You need to clear your browser cache,cookies,temporary files and brosing history.
And in order to do this,, job'' follow steps in this link http://esupport.ctdlc.org/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/87/0/browser---how-do-i-clear-my-bro...
You have all the data necessary for Chrome.Mozilla,IE 8,9,10.

Restart your PC.
Not to forget, make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights.

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 5 (293 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have not yet tried this, so I wont doubt that it works, but it seems odd that I have to run Origin setup to fix an HTML page's title?

Also, upon checking using the debugger, code for the page clearly states:

<title>Create Your Origin Profile</title>
<meta name="title" content="Create Your Origin Profile"/>

--

Adam 

Message 3 of 5 (288 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

-try right clicking the Origin icon on the desktop and going to Properties. Once you're there go to the Compatibility tab and change the format that the Origin runs in

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 5 (285 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry, I'm not sure you understand. There is no error or issue and there is nothing wrong with my Origin client. This is not related to the client. Just that the "Email confirmation success" page, in a browser, not the client, has the wrong title. It's nothing wrong with my PC. It's just something I noticed.

Message 5 of 5 (272 Views)