Wont let me buy any games

by sartaylor

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Wont let me buy any games

★★★ Newbie

for the last few days i have been trying to buy games off orgin but i keep getting this message 

We're unable to process your payment right now. Use a different payment method or try again later. [ref. #10048] More Info

I have tried every card i have and i still get the message, i have even waited a few hours, days, and still same error code. Is anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 11 (13,136 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wont let me buy any games

EA DICE Team

@Ginga_Ninja46

If you are experiencing issues with your order then you can find further information to troubleshoot this in the following articles:

View in thread

Message 5 of 11 (13,966 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

That's what I know about Error 10048:

You have to save your billing information to your Origin account before you purchase any new products. After you do this log out of Origin and log back in - it should do the trick.
In case if you don't know how to save billing information: Open Origin, choose Origin tab and choose Account Privacy from the list. After that press Payment and Shipping and add your billing information.

If the method I wrote here fails you will have to contact EA Support. Here is how you do it:

1 Click on the following link https://help.ea.com/en/origin
2 Choose Billing/Purchasing from the issue list
3 Go to Contact us button at the bottom of the page
4 Select the platform you play on
5 Describe your issue in Please tell us a bit more about your issue
6 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 2 of 11 (13,089 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Oh don't worry, this have been going on for about 3 weeks now.

They can't verify creditcards, you can't purchase anything. And even if you get in contact with support/helpdesk they can't do anything either but escalate your issue to experts, but can't give you an update on the issue even after waiting for days and more days.

Message 3 of 11 (13,080 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same has happend to me i cant but bf4 and it is giving me the 10049 error and i have tried to but the 5 times and i really want bf4

Message 4 of 11 (12,148 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Ginga_Ninja46

If you are experiencing issues with your order then you can find further information to troubleshoot this in the following articles:

Message 5 of 11 (13,967 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

maybe buy a gamecard then buy it with ur ea wallet code

Message 6 of 11 (10,634 Views)

★ Novice

Not sure if people are still having this problem, but if the methods posted are ineffective in solving the problem, check to see if you are on a Virtual Private Network. I discovered today that both the Origin application and the website will NOT allow a transaction to be made if your VPN is active. This is especially true if you need to verify your credit/debit card. I think it has something to do with the security protocols that EA have in place. I tried to pass this info along to the foreign gentleman on the help line but I don't think he understood what I was saying. Hopefully this method will work for anyone still experiencing this problem.

Message 7 of 11 (9,898 Views)

★★ Novice

why is this set as solved..

Message 8 of 11 (9,205 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@gamegirl00001

Because maybe the person who made the post got it solved by those links? Standard smile

Message 9 of 11 (9,188 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It still doesn't work :0

Message 10 of 11 (3,972 Views)