Re: Won't let me log in to spend more money

by Colredes

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Won't let me log in to spend more money

★★★ Novice

I have The Sims 3 on my desktop computer and I want it on my laptop as well.  I do expect to pay for the game again, and am not trying to get it for nothing.  But Origin (and also EA) won't let me log in from my laptop.  I am told that email address is already registered and I can't use it.  How frustrating!  How can I get around this?

Message 1 of 7 (407 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Is it the correct email you are using? Look thorough your emails for one titled: Welcome to Origin. If you can't find it, contact a game advisor with your current account details so they can help you reset the password. Use this link for a live chat or a call me option. Scroll down for the live chat option: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=origin&platform=pc&subject=Logging+in&category=technic...

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (409 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Is it the correct email you are using? Look thorough your emails for one titled: Welcome to Origin. If you can't find it, contact a game advisor with your current account details so they can help you reset the password. Use this link for a live chat or a call me option. Scroll down for the live chat option: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=origin&platform=pc&subject=Logging+in&category=technic...

Message 2 of 7 (410 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks.  I used your link to try to contact customer support, but after half an hour, I gave up.  It is Sunday morning, so I guess nobody is there.  I'll try again on Tuesday.  I appreciate your help.

And no, I have two email addresses and tried both of them.  They were both "already registered" and thus unavailable.

Message 3 of 7 (381 Views)

Community Manager

@Colredes Hi,

As long as you don't want to play at both computers at the same time, you should actually be able to just log in to your existing account on your other computer.

This way you won't need to purchase the game again either.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 7 (363 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well, I did buy it twice, but that's okay.  My new laptop will run World Adventures without crashing the game, so it's good.  Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I was busy with real life.  And thank you both for your time.  *smiling*

Message 5 of 7 (347 Views)

★★★ Novice

I should add that the game worked fine, once I was logged out on my old computer.

Message 6 of 7 (346 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Colredes

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that we've come to a happy end. Thank you for getting back to us!

Have a nice weekend,

Message 7 of 7 (333 Views)