Re: With Origin moving to Steam, will my games be transfered to steam?

by Amber_CODE404

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Please EA give us our origin games in steam i dont want to rebuy it and i can't afford to do so i never wanted to have a library split of origin and steam in the first palce

i prefer steam over orgin you guys startet this crap years ago and after that ubisoft start uplay and now epic it use to be 1 steam and it sud never have happend to be forcet to have 4 difrent type of launchers running in the first place to play your games your stupit id and practices made this generations of gaming a hell wen you was like alwys the first to do somting shady and force us to use somting we never wanted in the first palce. and the opthers folowd like dogs after after the saw the shady wey is the best wey for more money. its redicules if you guys did stay at steam in the first place i my self wold not have felt this mutch descust for the brand EA in the first palce. this choice back than realy ruwend my experience for EA as a company. im a pc gamer and i support steam you guys have taken alot from the comunety over the years include games that can not be added digitaly nomore that we did buy in disks in the past and now you are switching back to a platform you guys abandon to rip us off years ago and rip us of again by going back make a choice if you realy want to fix your bad name start with showing respect for your community we love the games and we did take alot of hits in the past with shady * little to non trusts EA games in generally but we stil have some what hope and dont want to see the games and series we love disepair sinds thats what happens wan we refuse to buy your shady precises we stil did our best to support the games we have loved over the years the most all this what you guys did sud be punish t and you dont deserve even the slightness bit of respect from the community but for 1ns do something good and respect the hand that feeds you...

Message 11 of 33 (4,716 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have to agree with all of you guys: I'm in the exact same situation. I've contacted EA for more clarification on the subject, but right now there is no option to transfer games from origin to steam and that's very disappointing Frown

Message 12 of 33 (4,701 Views)

★★ Novice

Ya i hear ya .. no matter if ea allows it or not .. im done with buying EA games 

Message 13 of 33 (4,434 Views)

★★★ Novice

Common EA you can do it WE KNOW IT Bethesda did it with fallout 76 SO WHY CAN'T you do it Send * key to everyone who own say game on Origin so they ALSO can have it on steam without rebuying the game

Message 14 of 33 (4,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I will not be too upset if I can continue to access my purchased games indefinitely.  Solo play only is less appealing, but I can live with it as older games often don't have enough of an active community to really get much out of online play.  If they drop Origin and The games we purchased are unusable, that's unacceptable.  The coding required to remove the requirement to connect to Origin to launch is possible with a minor patch.  I don't know what Steam gets when an EA title is purchased through them.  If they do get a piece of the sale price, I would be happy to pay a small fee to facilitate the transfer.

Not being able to maintain a backup of my purchased games that have solo play mode is just ridiculous.  Some "odd" folks like my self have maintained their game library for a long time.  The idea of leasing a game is fine if that is what you signed up for.  EA access is appealing on a lot of levels.  Getting to test drive a lot of games for a reasonable fee is fine.  It is stated clearly up front that this is a leasing type of service.  Once it moves to sale of the game with or without the discount from EA access, this implies ownership.  I should never have to have my car manufacturer respond to my request before I can start the car I paid for in full.

Message 15 of 33 (3,975 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I would like to play Mass Effect 3 on Steam. I own it on Origin Already. EA is the definition of Petty though. I am here because I just bough Titanfall 2 on PC. didnt want to buy it on Origin back when it came out because of all the goddamn EDITIONS

Message 16 of 33 (3,946 Views)

★★★ Newbie

there is a way to get your games from origin to steam in a way, what you can do is go to steam and press add non-steam game (more info on steam forums/community) choose your games, now you can now open the games from steam at least.

Message 17 of 33 (3,852 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Message 18 of 33 (3,851 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah, but then Origin must be open and the game's "page" doesn't have the Steam community integration such as screenshots and patch updates.

Message 19 of 33 (3,843 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko Steam downloads are like 5 times faster than origin in my area, idk if it is because of optimization or server location but its a fact and I would prefer to not be stuck with 5 hour downloads for small updates from your * servers. Do you really need the money from the customers so bad that I have to buy 10 year old games again to play on another launcher.
Message 20 of 33 (3,763 Views)