Re: With Origin moving to Steam, will my games be transfered to steam?

by akatsuchi

Original Post

With Origin moving to Steam, will my games be transfered to steam?

★★★ Newbie

So, with the announcement of EA selling its games on Steam starting with the new Star Wars game and doing away with Origin, will we be provided Steam Keys or another way to transfer our purchases over so they will still receive updates and more? 

Message 1 of 33 (53,888 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @BeastHale any games you have in Origin will still be part of your Origin library and will not as I understand it be transferable to Steam. Should this change or should I find out additional information I will let you know.  

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 33 (53,820 Views)

★ Guide

How about the other way around? I have ME1 on Steam but would rather play it through Origin but my Steam CD key for that game doesn't work in Origin. The other games I transferred worked just fine. I'm not getting help through EA so far either, it's been 3 days.

Message 3 of 33 (53,668 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko It would be nice, since we already payed for the game, and it would mean that all of the Star Wars games could be managed in one place.
Message 4 of 33 (45,954 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That really sucks. No one ever WANTED to be on origin. We shouldn't now be stuck with a worse launcher for a game that is supposedly a "service"

Message 5 of 33 (45,232 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought the CNC Ultimate Package, I wish to transfer that whole package to Steam

Message 6 of 33 (43,886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Took me a while to find anything about this specific topic, even though it's june 2020. I just wanted to add that I won't be buying any more DLC for games I already bought through Origin unless they're transferred to Steam. This is in no way some attempt at boycotting, just a matter of fact; where I live, buying through Steam is ten times easier and also somewhat cheaper, and I can afford neither the hassle nor the prices otherwise.

Message 7 of 33 (43,312 Views)

★★★★ Novice

We've given EA our money, if they're moving to steam we should receive copies of the games/DLC we've purchased for steam as well. 

EA is right to distance themselves from Origin. But please don't let us get caught in the crossfire. 

Message 8 of 33 (39,831 Views)

★★★ Novice

So this is actually just EA screwing us again in hopes of selling everyone 2 copies of every game and DLC we already bought?

...Figures.

Message 9 of 33 (37,768 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yup, I remember how annoying it was to break the PC game library into two places when EA took all their games off Steam. Even more annoying now that they are backtracking 😒

I remember that you could active your Steam EA games in Origin so maybe in time, they will let us do it the other way...

Message 10 of 33 (36,057 Views)