Windows 10 Origin crashes on launch

by LM_Cyraen

Original Post

Re: Windows 10 Origin crashes on launch

★★ Novice

Hey im having the same issues, about a month ago i think there was an update and now i cant do anything i have like 10 origin games that i cant access. I have reinstalled Origin 4 times and tried running as admin etc but no joy. There must be a way to revert back to a previous version!  

Message 11 of 41 (2,634 Views)

★★★ Novice
@dj-duxx I tried yesterday disabling my Integrated GPU and launched the app. Worked and didn't crash, but my HDMI monitor didn't work, then I enabled the integrated again with the app working(IT CRASHED)...perhaps i Had to restart the PC or something. I Will try later and reply here, if successful.
Message 12 of 41 (2,618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@ITsLayonDhi. thanks to you, I found the problem and it's my AMD graphic driver. When I disable it origin lunches normal but obviously I can't play with a disabled graphic card driver Standard smile. So what should I do? Did you find a way to solve the problem?

Message 13 of 41 (2,520 Views)

★ Novice
@ImAnAlpha_N16 I just reinstalled my Windows 10 yesterday and I am now having this problem. Origin worked fine untill i reinstalled windows. Infact, it even worked fine once I reinstalled....for about 1 hour. I was in the process of repairing my game installs and it crashed. now i can't open the App without it crashing.

I am running a 1070, so this is not exclusively an AMD driver issue. it is an Origin/Windows 10 issue
Message 14 of 41 (2,440 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh! Ok. please if you find any solution post it here. I did pretty much every thing that I found but I couldn't fix this issue Frown

Message 15 of 41 (2,418 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ImAnAlpha_N16 Sorry for the delay. That's the solution man. I restarted my PC and got my BIOS corrupted. Took me a whole day to make it work again.
Looks like you have to disable your Integrated GPU to launch it without problem, but beware if you restart it.
Good luck

By the way: I got an Asus TUF FX505DY(RX580X <>Vega8)
Message 16 of 41 (2,279 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same problem past days.

My laptop has 2 internal GPUs/chips one for low performance(AMD Raedeon Vega 3) and the other one for high performance(AMD Raedeon 530).

I have the high performance(AMD Raedeon 530) set as default GPU for all system and that was the problem Oring is not working with that GPU and to fix the problem I changed the GPU that uses Origin. To set it go to System settings->System->Display Graphics settings the press the Browse button and look for the Origin folder and then select Origin.exe after that Origin is added on that window, select Origin and then press the Options button and there you can change the GPU for Origin in my case the Low performance(AMD Raedeon Vega 3) and now Oriigin stops crashing.

Message 17 of 41 (2,239 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Not sure if it works but go into your appdata folder, which is found in your user folder, go to origin then logs and if you find a DxDiag then remove that biťch, yes it deserves such a word. I have had games upon games crashing because this file appears their. Just occored to me to try and see if I could find it and I did. My origin worked after that so not sure if you will find this useful but I may as well let you know how I fixed mine 

Message 18 of 41 (2,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Tuxerito Thanks bro ...your solution is the only one that worked for me ....
its turned out that origin have issuse with AMD Graphics card
Message 19 of 41 (2,032 Views)

★★ Novice

This exact thing is happening to me now. Did you find a solution?

Message 20 of 41 (1,887 Views)