Windows 10 Origin crashes on launch

by LM_Cyraen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Windows 10 Origin crashes on launch

★ Novice

So as the title suggest, Origin has, for me, been crashing for a little over a month. Every time I launch it, the same thing happens. It gets past the login screen, then over to the menu screen, which appears as a blank box with the loading logo. It slows down the entire computer for a few seconds, then crashes.
I've followed as many advice found on here as I could, and none have worked. So far, I've tried reinstalling it twice, running it in administrator, running in clean booth, letting it past the firewall and antivirus, deleting all %temp% files and restarting, disabling the UAC and troubleshooting, which told me it was due to an "incompatible program" when nothing manual worked. None of them have worked so far..

I'd really appreciate any help I could get for this, thank you in advance to anyone who replies.

Message 1 of 41 (15,145 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Windows 10 Origin crashes on launch

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @LM_Cyraen.

Can you try reinstalling Origin by following the steps below:

1. Try re-installing Origin:
    1. Close the Origin client.
    2. Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
    3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    4. Click on Origin and uninstall.
    5. Reinstall Origin

Try running Origin as an administrator:

2. Right-click the Origin client icon on your desktop (or in the Origin directory if not on your desktop) and click Run As Administrator.

This runs the Origin client as an administrator account, and should let the game  install.

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

2. Click the Windowsbutton and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Okat the bottom of the window. 
  5. Open the Origin client and try installing again 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 41 (15,078 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @LM_Cyraen.

Can you try reinstalling Origin by following the steps below:

1. Try re-installing Origin:
    2. Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
    3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    4. Click on Origin and uninstall.
    5. Reinstall Origin

Try running Origin as an administrator:

2. Right-click the Origin client icon on your desktop (or in the Origin directory if not on your desktop) and click Run As Administrator.

This runs the Origin client as an administrator account, and should let the game  install.

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

2. Click the Windowsbutton and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Okat the bottom of the window. 
  5. Open the Origin client and try installing again 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 41 (15,079 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried all those things.  Didn't work.   I can't play the game thats i've purchased because I have to use their shoddy client.  This is BS\

Message 3 of 41 (15,036 Views)

Community Manager

If you cannot launch Origin then this points to a system issue @ProdigySoB.

I just tested Origin on a number of different systems without issue.

Can you tell us the exact issue you are seeing and all the steps you have tried to fix it? The more info we have the better we can help. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 41 (15,012 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have completely lowered UAC, ran in compatibility mode, uninstalled/reinstalled numerous times, have attempted to install older versions but they always upgrade...I feel like ive done more but its not coming to me off the top of my head, but this most of it I'm pretty sure.  

I dont have any crazy system.  Everything is pretty commonplace.  Gtx 1080. I7 8700k I think, 16 GB of some common RGB Ram which I can't think of the brand off the top.of my head but it's one of the most popular ones, and a Samsung m.2 and Samsung ssd, and gigabyte aurous g7 motherboard I think.  I'm not at my house, or I'd be more specific on everything but my system consists of common brand names for everything.

Message 5 of 41 (14,991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Forgot to mention what happens.  Whenever I open the origin client to get to my games, the box pops up, I can see the menu bar and an empty white box for about 3 seconds before it closes down and an error box pops up looking to send a report and giving me the exit or restart origin client options.  It does this everytime I try to open the origin client.  And I've looked st all the things that OP tried and all the things that were suggested and I've tried them all.

Message 6 of 41 (14,990 Views)

★★★ Novice

Whatever you guys just did in this most recent update fixed it.  Bravo.

Message 7 of 41 (14,958 Views)

Community Manager

Glad to hear that it is fixed @ProdigySoB.

If you see the issue with Origin open but all boxes empty then clearing the Origin Cache will fix that.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here

Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 41 (14,944 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did that, didnt work.

Message 9 of 41 (14,931 Views)

★★★ Novice

@ProdigySoB wrote:

I did that, didnt work.

Any solution to this? I have same problem. W10 Home, Gaming Specs Feb/2020...really. I looked EVERYWHERE!

Message 10 of 41 (14,500 Views)