Why wont my origin download?

by joissims

Original Post

Why wont my origin download?

★★★ Novice

I recently deleted origin. Since then I have tried to get my game back. When I click download, it downloads. But when I click run, it has that thinking courser and doesn’t download. Long story short, I got around downloading it. Now that I have the app, I can’t open in. I have never had a problem with origin until I deleted it. I have Windows 10 by the way😋 please help

Message 1 of 3 (343 Views)

Re: Why wont my origin download?

★★★★ Guide

Hello there @joissims ,

Try these steps to get your Origin Working:

1.  If you have Origin open, make sure you exit out of it by clicking on Origin in the top left and in the drop down clicking exit. Also, on the bottom right of your taskbar, if you see Origin, right click it and click quit.
  2. Press the Windows Key + R to bring up the run command. Type "%ProgramData%" and press enter. (Remove the quotation marks) Find the Origin folder and delete everything in there except LocalContent if you have it. If not, simply delete all contents of the folder.
  3. Press the Windows Key + R to bring up the run command. Type "%AppData%" and press enter. (Remove the quotation marks) Find the Origin Folder and delete it.
  4. Press the Windows Key + R to bring up the run command. Type "command" and press enter. (Remove the quotation marks) This will open the Control Panel. In the top right where it says "View By:" select category. Then under "Programs" select uninstall a program. Click on Origin and then Right Click Origin and select "Uninstal/Change" to uninstall Origin.
  5. Go here to download the latest version of Origin: https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download ***Make sure to run the download as an administrator.
  6. Once Origin is downloaded and on your desktop, right click Origin and go to properties > Compatibility tab > Check the very last box that says "Run this program as an administrator." (This makes it so every time you double click the Origin app to run it, it will automatically run it as an administrator)

I hope this help!

Happy Gaming,

-Rare

Message 2 of 3 (327 Views)

Re: Why wont my origin download?

Community Manager

Hey @joissims did you get the issue sorted?

If not, do you see an error message of any kind when you attempt to launch the game? What game is the issue with?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (252 Views)